ad: CQMM-1

Hamvention 2019 Building Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Aug 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC0IVF

KC0IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh my, I must have hit a nerve. You really shouldn't talk about the Hamvention that way. But hey, you're the star of the show right?

2. KC0IVF

Don't worry Chip, I will gracefully bow out now so that you can have all the room you need. 73

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Look up the word:

TRANSFERENCE.

Not my issues bud. Go get a professional on that.

Not interested here.

4. KC0IVF

Like I said... I must have hit a nerve... and someone's over bloated ego got bruised. Give me a break.

K5XS likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No,

I merely find your insecurity mildly annoying and certainly in bad taste.

What is you intent: to make me feel bad or unsure of myself in some way?

Nah. Silly.

Go turn on the radio and lead with friendly.

6. KC0IVF

It seems to be working... But of course you have to have the last word don't you? I came on here bringing up an issue that I thought was valid, and you just couldn't stand the fact that I had made fun of you, in all your glory. Somehow you think you've been crowned by the great radio God, and no one else is allowed to make a criticism. Boohoo, buddy. I'll tell you why you can't get over yourself. Please go look up the word:
    EGO

AE5GT and K5XS like this.
  7. KC0IVF

And I'm so sorry I bruised your EGO, Chip.
    73 and Goodby.

K5XS likes this.
  8. K7LJ

K7LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, Chip - I didn't forget. I only mentioned the T-Shirt because I found it funny........

W1YW likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

T-R-A-N-S-F-E-R-E-N-C-E

10. KC0JBZ

KC0JBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

K8RLV likes this.
  11. KC0JBZ

KC0JBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would to make a suggestion... is it possible that the committee reach out to the cellphone carriers and ask that they increase the capacity during Hamvention? My cell phone had connectivity issues later in the day when the place filled up and half the time I couldn't get a signal. I use T-Mobile and some friends had the same issue with AT&T. A technology gathering shouldn't have issues. Just a suggestion...

12. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

I had no issues with AT&T. I think DARA has done a great job and I will be there next year. Of course Dayton is my home town.

Mark N5RFX

W1YW likes this.
  13. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is certainly possible. NASCAR (a racing organization) has had sponsorship associations with cell phone service providers. At times the influx of fans strained that capacity over a race weekend. At some later point I noticed that temporary capacity had been set up at the track (mobile equipment on trailers with prominent sponsor logos). What would that cost DARA to put in place during Hamvention? I have no idea. Would you pay an extra dollar for your Hamvention ticket to pay for it?

14. W3FHT

W3FHT Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

15. KD6SM

KD6SM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This was the first time that my brother and I have ever attended the Dayton Hamvention but we have both read about it and talked about it for many years. While the facilities aren't perfect and the weather was sometimes hot and rainy, I thought it was great and enjoyed myself and hope to return in the years to come. How could you possibly be a fan of the Dayton Hamvention (and therefore know it's history) and not possibly expect what you experienced there this year? It's all a part of the history and ongoing style of the Dayton Hamvention. Yes, there is nothing wrong with ongoing improvement, that's the American way, but enjoy what we have. Come if you like it and don't if you don't.

Great job by the guys that put this on so faithfully year after year! Thanks! Tune out the grumps just like we all do on-the-air.

Stephen - KD6SM

KF4ZKU, NK9Y, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.