Hams more friendly now than in past?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Depends, didja pass a code test? Don't bother to respond if the answer is 'no'.

3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd wager that the bands are friendlier because old codgers who weren't friendly or inviting, have died off or left the hobby.

WA8FOZ likes this.
  4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

That reminds me of the: No lids, no kids, no space cadets. Very welcoming.:D

5. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W4WTS

W4WTS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course the ham bands are friendlier now.....after all...I'm here now...:)

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps. But there are lids of all ages. AND...while the old codgers who acted out on 75 in the 70s and 80s have gone on to their place in the ether, not surprisingly a new crop has replaced them.

8. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

1. Was it a troll post? Don't know. Don't care.

2. Are the bands friendlier now? Don't know. I do believe ( a) as others have said, hams are just a reflection of society in general, ( b ) with all the "connected-ness" we are simply more aware of lids now than we were before, and ( c ) how we perceive things is a reflection of our own disposition, curmudgeon-ness, or whatever. I choose to see the good in the hobby. When I encounter the bad, I spin the dial. No problem.

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

AF7XT likes this.
  10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I dunno, the hams I meet on-air these days are pretty curt... they keep sending really short transmissions, like R-05 and RR73 and then they rush off to talk to other people, whom they don't treat any better. :oops:

VK4HAT likes this.