Ham's in the News: Ham Radio in Disaster Preparedness...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD4IEM, Dec 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

WU8Y likes this.
  2. KD4IEM

KD4IEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WN1MB

Removed so as to prevent unnecessary snowflake offense or insult.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    K7JEM likes this.
  4. KD4IEM

Is it? Then don't bother reading it.

5. KD4IEM

And Jeffery...if your going to nag somebody about punctuation use, you might want to make a big edit of YOUR QRZ.com page. Its full of errors. There should be spaces on either side of a hyphen, and you seriously lack the use of any proper punctuation such as colons instead of hyphens and periods at the end of a sentence. My sentence structure on my QRZ page is far better than yours.

6. WN1MB

It's Jeffrey; not Jeffery.

It's you're; not your.

It's It's; not Its.

Thank you for your time proofreading. I'll get to editing and correcting about half past whenever the fish I feel like it and not a second sooner.

WU8Y likes this.
  7. KD4IEM

You too. Thanks for your friendly concern.

8. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah ... it's already been said. There is so much communication infrastructure available to so-called "first responders" and the "local emergency communication center" that having a green vest and a name badge and a 2m walkie-talkie is hardly relevant anymore. If you're gonna play, the idea is to be trained, know your role and stick with it. Simply having a ham ticket ain't gonna cut it going forward. There is quite a bit of training required for those who provide communication services in an emergency. Hams are no longer an exception. If you want to help the emergency communication center, the best thing you can do is actually become a part of the group ... the only way to do that is by punching all your training tickets. If you wanna be relevant, you've gotta have the wallpaper.

9. VE2ENN

VE2ENN Ham Member QRZ Page

I see my callsign (VE2ENN) during a PSK31 QSO (@57 seconds) :)

10. W4LLZ

W4LLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazing to me that such a positive news story about Ham Radio Operators some how comes to a pissing match between two Hams about punctuation. Real professional boys and girls. :rolleyes:

KK4NSF, CL7JKB and KG5CJA like this.