ad: CQMM-1

HamRadioReviews: Remote Controlling Baofeng DM-5R [Video]

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SV2RMK, Jan 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

While preparing the review for the Baofeng DM-5R, I discovered that it supports remote monitor/enable/disable. Unfortunately, these cannot be disabled.

[​IMG]

Here is the video, enjoy: http://bit.ly/2jQbwNI

HamRadioReviews on Instagram: @hamradioreviews
    Facebook: @hamradioreviews
    Twitter: @hamradioreviews

2. WB9TH

WB9TH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received a DM-5R PLUS, I have a Wouxun KG-UVD1P with radioshop programming cable. I've ordered a Baofeng usb cable. Will the Wouxon cable work with Baofeng?

SV2RMK likes this.
  3. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, the cables are compatible.

4. BH2RSJ

BH2RSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

i like it, that's nice :)

5. WB9TH

Yes, it works good. I was able to use the Baofeng DM-5R PLUS software and download and upload to the radio.
    I hope CHIRP becomes compatible as it has lists of frequencies of common interest, like FRS that could be uploaded.

SV2RMK and K0PIR like this.
  6. K4RCM

K4RCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you saying cables are the sam.

SV2RMK likes this.
  7. WB9TH

eBay ads say the DM-5R Plus is compatible with Motorola DMR and time slot one repeater mode. There is a You Tube Video that shows
    programing for that. I contacted the poster and he said it is not compatible. Now Sain Store says they have contacted factory and factory says no Motorola DMR on the DM-5R Plus. I get it to key intermitently in DMR repeater mode and it does raise the repeater but there is no audio.

8. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Stop doing that...you are annoying all the DMR users on both timeslots....the Buttfang radio uses 12.5khz for ONE time slot..what a POS

9. WB9TH

More bad information from the un-informed. 12.5khz is just one on several options. Unless you have the current software release and a DM-5R Plus radio your just talking out of your rear end.

10. WB9TH

My DM-5R Plus is working on a local DMR repeater since yesterday. I have received good reports from QSO contacts on North America users. I have a sample CodePlug.hr file and will share it as requested by email. This CodePlug is just for the DM-5R Plus radios.

SV2RMK likes this.
  11. N0FPE

Thank you for you wonderful kind words......

12. N0FPE

The radio is still a POS no matter how many flowers you hang on it...

13. WB9TH

If you suspect your DM-5R Plus has firmware problems. Use "Contact Us" at Radioddity website and request a firmware upgrade to "FIX DMR DEVIATION TIME SLOT PROBLEM AND MICROPHONE AUDIO "LOW".