ad: portazero-1

HamRadioNow: Home on the (Antenna) Range (and a Bull Session)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, May 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Episode 318: Home on the (Antenna) Range

HRN 318 Antenna POSTER beam on mast.jpg

Gary paid a visit to the Southeastern VHF Society and poked his camera around their antenna range where they were testing some pretty big VHF/UHF and above antennas. Details are on the HamRadioNow web site, but here's the video:

A few days before that, co-host David W0DHG and ham-media gadfly Marty KC1CWF (chicken with fries) got together with Gary for a HamRadioNow Bull Session:

The Bull Session makes a good audio program, so listen/download here. The Antenna Range show has a lot of real video — not just talking heads — so the audio leaves a lot out. But you can still listen/download here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Great interview and good times.
    Thanks for posting. :)

3. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I know I have been critical of your interviews in the past, but this one about the antenna testing range was very good, held my interest and learned something.

So, very good and lets see more of this technical stuff and less of the interview stuff, if possible.

4. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Did antenna range testing a few times Central States, and Northern Lights Amateur Radio Society spring get together has a range but lately they limit to microwave antennas due to space needed for 2m/70cm. Lots of fun, lots of beer drank that night at the hotel. I love VHF+ operating and spend far more time there than HF.