ad: cq2k-1

HamRadioNow 274: EmComm Extra #2 - AfterMatth(ew)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Oct 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Gary KN4AQ
    and new Co-Host David Goldenberg W0DHG launch the HamRadioNow EmComm Extra with Episode 2, because Episode 1 was a rush job during the onset of Hurricane Matthew.

This time they talk to two hams who participated directly in ARES activity as Matthew roared by. Scott Roberts KK4ECR is an Assistant EC and PIO for Clay County ARES, just outside Jacksonville FL. Linda Selleck KK4ECR is the EC for Berkeley County ARES, next to Charleston SC.

Before the interviews, David and Gary talk about what they'd like the EmComm Extra to be. We're not going to hold them to it, but it'll give you a clue.

DB5ZP and AF5SB like this.
  2. K4EAE

K4EAE Ham Member QRZ Page

what is Linda Selleck's call you put Scott's KK4ECR.

3. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Linda is KJ4EVV - Sorry for the error!

4. KA1LWR

KA1LWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I love these videos I have been monitoring that hurricane and the things I heard were somewhat hard to grasp the situations that I heard..I mostly monitor and I can tell you I am having a great time just listening...I spend lots of time listening to cw and love to watch military info on 11.175..There are things that will never be able to figure out like the transmission of 'we are taking on gun fire....Shut down all electrical systems'..there are no id's and the rest is up to you to figure it out...Having a blast with my Icom r8500..73...DE KA1LRW..