ad: AbAuRe-1

HamEXPO! 2016 Belton, Texas - April 15th & 16th

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KF5VGK, Apr 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KF5VGK

KF5VGK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That time again for the semi-annual event held at the Bell County Expo Center in Belton Texas! Below is the link for this years HamEXPO information from the Temple Amateur Radio Club (TARC).

http://www.tarc.org/hamexpo

2. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Bill,

Counting down the days. Hoping for good weather as I have a parking spot reserved (TARC website indicates all spaces sold out) to sell off a couple of items & buy a few things. It's been forever since I've been to a ham swapmeet.

I have a couple of Q's:
    1) Does anyone know if pop up shade covers are allowed?
    2) How early Friday can I setup my tailgate items?
    3) Best place for grabbing a pre-dawn breakfast?

Looking forward to meeting up with a few good Hams!

73's
    Doug

3. KF5VGK

KF5VGK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Checked out the site and found that tailgating starts at 12 noon on Friday. I didn't find anything that said a pop up canopy was not allowed. There are several restaurants near by (within 2 miles), but on Saturday morning there are always guys cooking breakfast tacos for sale in the parking lot. I'll stop by your spot Saturday and say hi!

4. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Bill!

Since the spots will be tight, I'll wrap the legs with foam pipe insulation and weight down the legs. Last thing anybody wants with these "pop-ups" is letting them go "on the air" HiHi.
    See you there.
    -Doug

5. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Should be a good turnout for this hamfest, our whole club is going :)

Looking forward to it :)

KF5VGK likes this.
  6. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll have a relatively new Elecraft KX3 I'm bringing with me to Belton that will be for sale. It's rarely been used. Still under warranty (purchase date 11/24/15). If anyone is interested, please let me know & we can coordinate a meet up, I'm actually setting it up for a gentleman that is interested in buying the kit from scratch.

Johnny

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I will miss it this year. It is always good.

The weather may not be so great. That is normal for Texas.

Enjoy.

8. N5SMO

N5SMO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

K5ACL, I sent you a private message regarding the KX3 you have for sale.

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there going to be a wet T shirt contest at Belton today ?

Enjoy.

10. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was a good show last weekend, although the weather on Saturday late morning starting drizzling. Friday was a great time at the outdoor tailgate event, and Saturday had some good stuff inside.
    I had a portable DMR repeater setup inside the facility, and was able to key it from a mobile radio about 5 miles down the highway. It was good to have that connection to the rest of the State for the weekend.