ad: AbAuRe-1

HAMCOM 2015 - No Tailgating!

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports' started by N5SKE, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Photos must be from Friday -- Saturday was way busier.

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

This is exactly what the Ham Clubs do for the West Liberty Iowa Hamfest, which is located at the Fairgrounds.

Everyone coming through the gate is charged about $7.00.

Vendors with tables go inside.

Tail Gaters can park outside and sell whatever.

Why $7.00? My understanding is the ham clubs rents the whole area from the county for this event which is why they charge what they charge.

The Wichita KS area Hamfest is indoors because of the variability of weather. Wichita charges one fee and if you are a vendor, your designated table (no extra charge) is marked with your callsign.

Planning and organization are the keys to a successful Hamfest.

Phil

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More like...

1. Tables indoors at most hamfests are 30 to 60 bucks.
    2. Some hams want to take advantage of a hamfest, but don't want to support it.

;)

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, some of the indoor vendors will hit the tailgate section while they are still setting up, buy the good stuff before the attendees get there, only to sell it for more inside. It is a win-win situation in that case.

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't worry too much about it. Most outdoor vendors are a lot like the indoor fleamarket vendors, "Well, I need 400 for that there Swan 350. That's what I paid for it in '65 and I need to make my money back on it, ya unnerstann..." :)

swan 350.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.