ad: CQMM-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 91 - Bouvet Island DXpedition Update with K0IR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Dr Dave:If indeed the vhf frequencies you are concerned of they were posted as:6Mtrs. 50.190Mcs. (EME) & 2 Mtrs. 144.144 Mcs. (EME) Now if you
    would like their HF band plan look up: www.bouvetdx.org/ They were just too lengthly to list here,but you will see them listed band by band & also
    by mode. Gud Luk OM es Merry Christmas es Happy New Year too. Respectfully,G.L.Mitchell-W2MYA Vy 73...

2. KB8OTK

KB8OTK Ham Member QRZ Page

DxPeditions are the primary reason I wanted to upgrade from General to Extra. I too was tired of missing out on rare dx that mostly operated in the Extra portion of the bands. It took me 4 tries to pass the extra but it was well worth the time of study. Not to mention the $60 it cost to take the test 4 times. When these guys are on the air, it's going to be a zoo. A knock down drag out fight to get them in the log. Hopefully, my equipment and I are up for the challenge and am successful in working them. Good luck to all in getting the most wanted in your logs,

de KB8OTK

WB9AZA likes this.
  3. 4F8RS

4F8RS Ham Member QRZ Page

right on the bullseye, W0AAT :)

4. 4F8RS

4F8RS Ham Member QRZ Page

bullseye :)

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

You now have an incentive to upgrade. You have more than enough time.

I passed my Tech and General at the first VE session I went to. I failed the Amateur Extra that night. When the Gents were handing me my CSCE
    they said you were really close on the Extra, there is another VE Session nearby in 10 days, study for it and try again right away.

I took practice test here on QRZ for 9 days, and passed my Extra. 2 days after that I got my Call Sign; I have never been on the Amateur Bands except as Amateur Extra.
    10.5 years now. :)

https://www.qrz.com/hamtest/

WB9AZA likes this.
  6. K2HAT

Closest I can find near you, but send an email to your local Club and or Section Manager and ask if they can schedule something closer for you.

Radio License Exam in Your Area

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  7. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

my area? LMAO! Those are a 250 mile round trip!

8. K2HAT

but send an email to your local Club and or Section Manager and ask if they can schedule something closer for you.

Google maps shows over 200 miles round trip.

I am very Sorry that with your sore back, you can not endure what to me is a short road trip. :(

I am lucky that I am able to go to Hamfests and take road trips to Newington often.

If I lived a lot closer to you I would try to help more directly as I am a VE 2 weeks ago yesterday I was at a local VE Session,
    and the next day Hand Delivered the VE Session paperwork to the VE Department in Newington CT 120 miles from my house. It is only 2 1/2 hours from my place.

You have to study and be Ready and able to take the Extra Exam, and then get in touch with someone near You.

YOU Can Do this! :)

Two Clubs I found less than 50 miles from You.......

http://www.arrl.org/find-a-club

Affiliated Clubs

http://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/west-central-minnesota-amateur-radio-clu/type:club

WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
    Call Sign:
    K0LQP
    Paul R. Heimerl WD0AFV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/murray-county-amateur-radio-club/type:club

MURRAY COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
    Call Sign:
    KD0MC
    Kevin S. Haney KC0YKX

WB9AZA likes this.
  9. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

West Central is a lot farther than the Tracy MN club but thy only test once a year unless they are holding classes and that is only when they have the demand.