ad: IACantenna-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 80 - Hurricane Nets Live Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Sep 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

A little more common sense in the LOCAL legislature, and Florida I doubt will have the initial shooting at the rescue helicopters by looters problem....God Bless all of those in SW Florida, hold on tight.

2. W0RUS

W0RUS Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel they want you to listen via the internet to get ratings. I'm one who feels ham radio is about communicating via HF not the internet!

NH7RO likes this.
  3. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Know the facts as you say... Well, K4AGO stated facts. He said "...captain during Katrina" and didn't need to specify who that was by name or nickname as you have. The death toll of 1800 is neither fact nor fiction---it is only an estimated total which may never be known (I've seen most estimates ranging from 1200 to 1800).

Not to belabor things further along these lines but AGO really hit the nail on the head, in my opinion.

Mother Nature doesn't play politics but people sure do. Since hams are people, too human nature tends to take over eventually.

Jeff

4. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Who's "they"? Are you referring to the OP? You do realize you're complaining via the Internet on a ham radio website... about the Internet. :rolleyes:

5. KN4EMY

KN4EMY Ham Member QRZ Page

HAHAA!

6. KM4ZJO

KM4ZJO Ham Member QRZ Page

Change of subject - I've been monitoring the HWN on 40m. There is an individual interfering with the directed net. They're talking over net control, starting arguments (which no-one should be responding to), and using profanity. Basically being a jerk, which normally isn't an issue, but they are interfering with an emergency communication channel. What can be done?

WU8Y likes this.
  7. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

If his call sign is India Delta 1 Oscar Tango do not respond to him

KF4ZKU and KN4EMY like this.
  8. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heck of a job, Brownie!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

W0HR likes this.
  9. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

It is indeed and also about communicating on Linked VHF/UHF Repeaters as is done on ECHOLINK,IRLP,DMR,C4FM, DSTAR Systems.
    EMCOMMS will use every mode and system to provide assistance.
    G3SEA/KH6

10. N6TCO

N6TCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Emergency Frequencies - With Hurricane Irma approaching Florida, the Hurricane Watch Net is activated.
    In addition, SATERN has OUTBOUND Health and Welfare Nets activated.
    Hurricane Watch Net 14.325.00 MHz, 7.268.00 MHz
    SATERN 14.265 MHz,(1415-2300 UTC) 7.262 MHz(2300 - 0300 UTC)
    60 Meters may be in use by FEMA for Interoperable communications.