ad: Mountaingoat-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 68 - 13 Year Old CW Contester Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Jun 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO is a 13 year old CW operator and contester, who was making his CW contacts using his microphone button until he was presented with a very special surprise at Contest University 2017.

This week, we welcome on board the listeners from iHeart Podcasts for the first time! And, we introduce the new Baofeng button to the show!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button! If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand 24/7/365.25 also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and now iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

(Photos credit Bob, N6TV)

O5181872.jpg O5181878.jpg

VK6APZ/SK2022, F4HPX, K3PP and 9 others like this.
  2. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hat's off to Mom for being there for her son, Mom should get her ticket too, lots of fun Mom please come join us :)

N4GST and WB9VPG like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome!

4. W5RSC

W5RSC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is cool!!!

5. N6UG

N6UG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic! Congratulations to both the operator and his mom!

6. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice! Great too see!

7. AE5DW

AE5DW Ham Member QRZ Page

I know Bryant and his family. Just the best people! Honored to call them friends.

Don, AE5DW

IZ2LWE, N4GST and WB9VPG like this.
  8. AE5MA

AE5MA Ham Member QRZ Page

These are the young folks we older guys need to reach out to and help all we can.

9. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

He us what we all grow up to aspire to be...GREAT JOB BRYANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. WY7YL

WY7YL Ham Member QRZ Page

I met Bryant at Hamvention and was very impressed with him, what a super young man. Can't wait to see all that he accomplishes!

N4GST, WB9VPG and W1YW like this.
  11. KG8CX

KG8CX Ham Member QRZ Page

12. KG8CX

KG8CX Ham Member QRZ Page

YACHT is proud of your accomplishments and to call you a member. The future looks bright. Many more successes for you...

KD8AQT, N4GST and WB9VPG like this.
  13. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I know bryant will do more for amateur radio than most kids his age and we as amateur radios operators should look up to him for the fine work he has done and we continue to do...as i said be "he is what we all should aspire to be"

I rememer the first time i made contact with him and right there i knew this kid was meant for ham raio and will do things that are great and encourging...i anticipate this will not be the last time we hear the name Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO

WB9VPG and N4GST like this.
  14. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

AWWWWWESOME!

Congrats!

WB9VPG and N4GST like this.
  15. K7BMG

K7BMG QRZ Lifetime Member #55 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congrats.
    What key did he receive?