ad: QSLWorks-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 61 - Youth and Instructors Forum 2017 with Carole Perry, WB2MGP - HV Preview

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Apr 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA3DJL

VA3DJL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Carol is an inspiration. She invited me to present back in 1995, as a young 17 year old ham. That experience speaking to the public has led to two careers, my latest as a Professor at a major technological university. Now I have a 12 year old son, who is a ham, and I hope some day Carol will give him the same opportunity. Yes the youth forum is about the youth but none of this would happen with Carol's livelong dedicated effort. She deserves to be recognized. Keep up the great work Carol, see you in Dayton in a few weeks. Don VA3DJL/W8PSP

WB9VPG and W1YW like this.
  2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why doesn't SHE "Showcase" ACTUAL "YOUTH" that have been BROUGHT OVER TO THE "DARKSIDE"??? Surely there are success stories of "KIDS" (15 to 25) who've been drawn into the "HOBBY" as of late??? AREN'T THERE??? Get those KIDS on and let THEM tell us their "STORIES"!!!

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have a youth in mind, I suggest you get ahold of Carole and pass the recommendation along.

CU'all at Dayton!

Chip W1YW

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Chipper, she's the one organizing this & producing so it's up to her!!! Check out the LATEST YOUTH EFFORT by the RSGB here on QRZ!!! They DID IT RIGHT!!!

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know who 'Chipper' is....

Chip works. Barring that, try Dr. Cohen....

No, Carole's job is to bring these young people to us after individuals' bring the youth to her attention. Carole is superlative in vetting the young people and preparing them. That, in itself, is a full time effort. Carole is not paid to do this.

I am sorry you don't see the merit in this approach, but as mentioned, Carole welcomes suggestions on meritricious young hams, and I am sure she would love to have you suggest a candidate.

Come to the Youth Forum at Dayton, and enjoy:)

Chip W1YW

6. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what the forum is all about. On the program, she said they range this year from ages 9 to 18.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun!

Come to the Youth Forum...less than 3 weeks:)

WB9VPG likes this.