ad: QSLWorks-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 40 - Last Man Standing producer John Amodeo, NN6JA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Nov 15, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern on Ham Talk Live!, tune in at hamtalklive.com to listen to ABC hit television show Last Man Standing producer John Amodeo, NN6JA take your calls! John will talk about how ham radio became part of the show, how to work their station on the set of the show, and the relationship between media and ham radio. CALL in your with your questions LIVE during the show at 812-NET-HAM-1 or on Skype at HamTalkLive. You can also tweet your questions to @hamtalklive.

If you miss the live show, the archive will be available right after the show at hamtalklive.com, and soon after on YouTube and most podcasting outlets like iTunes and Stitcher.

KA6LMS QSL.jpg ja qsl new blue .jpg Tim & Flynn smile copy.jpg

KG5PJG, W4KSL, NK9Y and 3 others like this.
  2. KE7ACE

KE7ACE Ham Member QRZ Page

watched plenty of episodes lately havent seen the radio desk barely one time

jeff
    ke7ace

3. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeff,
    I have to disgree , I watch the show routinely and the shack is shown routinely
    Not sure how much it helps the hobby but I am sure happy to see it :)
    My kids grew up with a ton of gear surrounding them, I brought their friends into the shack with parents
    Have worked AO-27 many times as a class presentation
    My kids have no interest in the hobby
    A matter of demographics unlike when we came up noone their age is on to talk to
    And how many kids want to talk to grandparents (lol)
    It is what it is :)
    [​IMG]

KC8LLS, W2KS and HB9GNK like this.
  4. N7SGM

N7SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry to ask this question again, but does Tim Allen have his license or not? Thanks!

5. KG7YTS

KG7YTS Ham Member QRZ Page

He does his callsign is KK6OTD under name Tim Dick as his full name is Timothy Allen Dick.

KF4KUL, WB9VPG and N7SGM like this.
  6. KG7YTS

Love watching the show and that John Amadeo actually replies to emails. I have KA0XTT and KF0XIE qsl cards. I hope they make Boyd a HAM, I think it would help inspire youth to get their licenses.

W4ISZ, WB9VPG and N7SGM like this.
  7. WD8T

WD8T Ham Member QRZ Page

I do like the show. How did you get the two QSL cards? I also noticed a shack set up at his characters sporting goods store.

8. KG7YTS

I sent my QSLs and SASEs in 1 larger envelope addressed to:
    Mike & Mandy Baxter - KA0XTT & KF0XIE
    4024 Radford Ave
    Bungalow 17
    Studio City, CA. 91604

WD8T likes this.
  9. M0XYZ

M0XYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KM6GUA

KM6GUA Ham Member QRZ Page

Love that this (amateur radio) is being reintroduced into popular culture. This is such a fundamental technical skill that needs to be preserved for our future generations. Props to John Amodeo and Tim Allen for countering entertainment industry norms! Keep fighting the good fight!

Josh

NL7W and WB9VPG like this.
  11. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

They seemed like a nice group when I worked them a while back
    glad to see amateur radio shown correctly in the media unlike past movies like "frequency"

KM6GUA likes this.