ad: CQMM-1

Ham Talk Live Episode 142 - 3.916 Santa Net

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Nov 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday night (11/29) at 9 pm Eastern, we are back from Thanksgiving with a fresh, new episode! The 3.916 Santa Net will be our topic. One of the net controls will join us, and we will attempt to contact the North Pole and talk to Santa himself! Tune in to find out about the Santa Net, and call in with your questions and comments.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EST (Friday 0200Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

santa.jpg

RU9WK, N4GST, N4VER and 2 others like this.
  2. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Ho Ho Ho!

KD0WGB likes this.
  3. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it's great that we can use our hobby to talk to the jolly elf himself! Think of the foundation that we can set, bringing both wholesome cultural things together for our young ones; HAM radio and Christmas... Both still hold magic for me.

Never give up on the good guys and don't count them out. Merry Christmas to all and have fun HAMing it up. 73!

Jim

N4GST and WE4B like this.
  4. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

To W8JBM. Hi Jim. Love the cam up shot but that left side eye in the light shade gives you away as human. I could be wrong it could be Panda under disguise. Hi Hi. Makes me remember doing daft things like :- This is me out on patrol etc. Gave all that up back in 1976. Anyway Merry Christmas to you and yours from the other side of the pond. 73 de John - G0WXU.

N4GST, WE4B and W8JBM like this.
  5. AA5KG

AA5KG Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wanted to put a bit more information about Santa net out. Santa net is up and running every evening through December 24 on 3.916. The net starts promptly at 0130Z (7:30PM Central time), and runs until the list is completed. If you have children in your household, or grand children, or neighbor children (well, you get the idea) you're welcome to sign up and get on the list. Just go to the website https://cqsanta.com, fill out and submit the simple form. That's all there is to it! The children you list will have their spot reserved to tell Santa what they want for Christmas. Just be sure to listen to 3.916 that evening, and you will be contacted over the air. Santa net has many relay stations scattered around the U.S., so you will surely be able to make contact with the big guy himself!

More information is available on the web site previously given.

73, Al AA5KG

AH2AP, RU9WK and W8JBM like this.