ad: CQMM-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 138 - Ducie Island DXpedition VP6D LIVE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Oct 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2WFJ

WB2WFJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally worked them this afternoon on 18.069.

WB9VPG likes this.
  2. WD8MPQ

WD8MPQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is FT8 a function of Ham Radio? Looks like I could set up my computer to talk to your computer and go fishing. Oh well, something for everyone and it keeps them off SSB.

VK6APZ/SK2022 and W4KVW like this.
  3. KG5EIU

KG5EIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is good stuff - got them in the log and confirmed on 40M and FT8 in fox and hound mode!!

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just remember, in these days of poor prop, if you do not hear them WELL, they will NOT hear YOU in the pileup.

Also, prop has been kinda weird. Loud on 10M at 2300 in southern US, nothing in NE and W7. BUT 12m and 10M ARE not DEAD.

W0PV likes this.
  5. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to work them again. Not in log. I hope that gets straightened out. FT8.

6. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to: www.vp6d.com, and scroll down a little and you should see 4 "Options" - Click the Third one over (QSL Information). Scroll almost to the bottom of this page, and there is further info regarding Missing and/or Busted Calls! Hope this may help? Regards, Carl de NĂ˜CEL

7. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why are they not listening above 7.025 for CW for the General and Advanced class Operators ?

8. PY2KNK

PY2KNK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice DX expedition, excellent Job , 48 hour on the air, worked 160 to 12 meters , wait conditions to 10 and maybe 6 meters, best 73 PY2KNK

9. OE9TZV/SK2022

OE9TZV/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

mny tnx to the team for new one on 30m - amazing ops
    take care and GL

73 de oe9tzv, tom

10. F1RAF

F1RAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good signals almost everyday on 17/20/40 m SSB but... rather hard to get through the US wall during our evening on 17/20 m... EU only request comes too late when our windows is almost closed in Western Europe. Strongest signals were on 40 m at our sun rise until 2h later.
    Thanks a lot for this outstanding operation.
    73 de F1RAF Nicolas

11. K5OA

K5OA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw them pass 50,000 QSO's today and few times log over 40 qso's in one minute with four-five stations going. That some rate. CW team is really humming full time and SSB is picking up the pace as well and showing of RTTY plus new FT8 doing five streams of QSO's on the even 00 and 30 time slot now working well.
    Looks like weather break and maybe get dried out today. Safe travel guys, really well done.
    Used my Flex 6600 in remote for all band and mode contracts. Love to watch the pipeups.

WB9MSM likes this.
  12. WB9MSM

WB9MSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Team of Ops! Huge signals on 15 Phone & CW at around SS WI time. Very enjoyable to work. Long Live DX!

W7TRD likes this.
  13. 9Z4Y

9Z4Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A very well organized DXped, with a varierty for all crowds, SSB, CW, HF Digital modes,
    extremely excited to have worked them VP6D/MM 40m CW on approach to Ducie island
    and able to score contacts 10, 12, 17m CW 15 and 20m I would hope to get
    best 73 and thank you to ALL persons that made this DXped happen for all of us,

K9UR, WZ7U and WB9MSM like this.
  14. W7TRD

W7TRD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the logbook! 15 Meters
    Thank you!!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  15. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes hats off to the Team I have worked 3 bands and 3 modes hoping for More thanks team VP6D