ad: dxeng

HAM Radio World Map with the DXCC Country List.

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by K3IT, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

Updated as of July, 2011 (incl. South Sudan)

hammap_CONVERTED.jpg

The map is in A1 format - 22x34"
    (fits in a 24x36" poster frame from Target, Wal-Mart, etc).

Professionally printed by Alexey, UT0UM

PDF file of the map

Pricing

MAP - $10
    Air Mail Postage - $9

Mailed in a rigid cardboard tube.

(Up to three maps per tube)
    The map will be shipped by International Air Mail - please allow time for delivery.

Alexey, UT0UM and the Map:
    30112011053.jpeg

Payment in the US by paypal to K3IT. The easiest way is to use the pay pal push button here.

Contact Information: Per my QRZ.COM callbook.

Vasiliy, K3IT

2. KC9UNS

KC9UNS Ham Member

The site you are referring to does not have a paypal button

3. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

Hi Ben.
    There should be a button that says "Add to Cart", or you can try checkout via this link . Sorry if you are having problems with it. We are at the mercy of Paypal here.

4. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member

Very nice map.

5. KE9UA

KE9UA Premium Subscriber

Hello to all,

I just received my three maps from UT0UM and they are first rate, high quality maps and I am going to donate one to the local ham radio club at the next meeting. Fast shipping and a perfect Paypal transaction.
    Dennis
    KE9UA

6. KF5NXK

KF5NXK Ham Member

I would like to echo what KE9UA said. I just received my map also, and am seriously impressed with the quality... especially for the price.

Thank you K3IT and UT0UM for this valuable product.

Wayne
    KF5NXK

7. AJ4CU

AJ4CU Premium Subscriber

Hi Folks,

Got my map last week, I am impressed! quick shipping and very nice quality, If I had to make one suggestion it would to have a laminated version, otherwise a great value for the money!!!

73 DE AJ4CU
    Hari

8. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

Thanks for the feedback. Laminating would cost about the same as mounting in a poster frame. Also, we've heard that some folks don't like the glare from the laminating film. The paper is coated matte and will last for a while , even if left as is

73!
    Vasiliy

9. KC2UZT

KC2UZT Ham Member

sent you private message

10. K5PO

K5PO XML Subscriber

Great looking map. I may consider a purchase, but I'll also offer a suggestion. I've been interested in a large-format azimuthal map for a while. I've seen some, but they were not large enough. Color would be lovely. Since the azimuthal form visually distorts the country shapes to show accurate distances from a given point, a map needs to be pretty large to be able to easily see the areas on the "rim" of the map where the most distortion occurs. Something like a 50-60" square would be excellent.

Now, I realize that the nature of an azimuthal map means that you would have to custom make them for the station's location so this may be out of the question, but I thought I would at least mention it as it appears you all can make a nice map. Thanks! 73 K5PO</SPAN>

11. W0IW

W0IW Ham Member

AWESOME HAM MAP !!!
    I bought this map, and just got it today.. Wow I love it. Great quality and the ham radio info is spot on.. Also the colors are done right, this ham map Is one of the best I have ever owned.. GREAT JOB GUYS !!!

12. W6ZPC

W6ZPC Ham Member

I am wondering if a bound world atlas with all the amateur radio information on it is available anywhere. I don't have space for a wall map (my shack is in the living room and hides in a drop down desk cabinet when not in use).

13. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

Alexey (UT0UM) updated and reprinted the map. February 2012 version will be shipped for all new orders. Z8 prefix for South Sudan has been added and MVI deleted from the current DXCC entity per ARRL, and some other minor changes based on feedback we've received.

Please check the website for more info www.hamradiomap.com

73!
    Vasiliy K3IT

14. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

We improved shipping speed and dropped costs slightly (more maps can be shipped for the same price). US/Canada orders are now mailed from MD and this cuts at least a week delay for clearing NYC Customs/sorting facility.

If you like the product please leave feed back on eham.net. This helps tremendously!

73!
    Vasiliy

15. KB1WEI

KB1WEI Ham Member

Just ordered my map! Impressed with what I see and all the comments ... Look forward to receiving it!

Pat in NH
    KB1WEI

16. KB1WEI

KB1WEI Ham Member

Just received mine yesterday. Great quality and well worth the price!! Arrived only 4 days after ordering...

Only issue (not Vasiliy's fault) was it arrived with some creases at the transporter dented the tube... I am hopeful those will all come out when I frame it.

Pat in NH
    KB1WEI

17. K3IT

K3IT Ham Member

Pat. Wow a dented tube! I'll mail you a new map next week. Let me know if it arrives ok.

18. KB1WEI

KB1WEI Ham Member

This is NOT your fault... you did all you could and the product is Fantastic!! I can try and get the creases out when I frame it if you want to save the cost.

Pat

19. F6FLU

F6FLU XML Subscriber

Hello
    Order at April,09
    received today April,13
    Congratulations !!
    I'd like another size to use this map as a by-hand about for example 11" x 17"
    Perhaps it's a possibility to buy this ?
    In fact many many thanks good and beautiful map
    Dan

20. K4TGK

K4TGK XML Subscriber

I got mine in 3 days. FAST! Already framed and in use. Looks great and very good quality.Vasiliy, do you mind if I link to you on my website? I have a page for suppliers. Do you have a graphic I can use for the link? See k4tgk.org if you want to know about the site.
    Thanks for a great map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.