ad: MyersEng-1

Ham Radio Deluxe News: Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.4.0.659 Released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA9PIE, Jul 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA9PIE

WA9PIE QRZ Lifetime Member #305 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes. Actually, we've eliminated one scenario and K7ZCZ and I are working on something about this right now. To be clear, the problem seems to have been with the 64-bit version of Office... and resolving the last elements of this will likely require that we rebuild the installer (setup.exe) a bit. It's high on the list.

For the record... even the remaining scenario can be resolved by installing the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Access 2007 Runtime. But we'll nail this down within the next release or so.

K4AR and KX0DW like this.
  2. WA9PIE

Yeah, this version is - in my opinion - the most stable version we've released in years. I won't bore you with the details, but we've got new tools in use that find these problems before we release the software. (That's not to say we don't still have some work to do... but we have things well under control.)

K4AR and N2SUB like this.
  3. WA9PIE

I would be thrilled to resolve this!

K0PIR and KX0DW like this.
  4. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like that idea of 33/year or so. Then have a semi-auto updates.

5. KB3ZYN

KB3ZYN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have always been of the opinion that you should offer a "diminished" freeware product, perhaps without logging/cluster features, or the modules as standalone products. I would love to see DM780 or it's equivalent as a standalone(which it can be used as, but is currently offered only as a bundled product), as this is the only aspect of your product I currently use due to... "personality conflicts" I have with the root HRD product's UI and features(all on my end, mind you)...

On a side note, you should really think about DIY architectures for your infrastructure and not relying on commercial products to serve your needs. Nothing is worse than an commercial software update or upgrade that shuts down your product and generates nothing but headaches. Many of the "primaries" are getting worse and worse about that(fingerpointing at Cisco(or whatever you are calling yourselves now), Adobe, and Microsoft), where there is an increasing amount of background stuff going on that even when disabled by the end-user, still occurs - even at the server level of software. It's a lot of work to get it going, but once in place, you have full and complete control over all aspects of the process.

6. WA9PIE

A free product that doesn't have logging, cluster... or digital modes... is basically OmniRig. I use it sometimes when I need simple rig control without all that... awesome work for a free rig control program.

KX0DW likes this.
  7. N3OP

N3OP Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the possibility to add an interface between HRD and DX Atlas so spots from HRD can be plotted on the map in DX Atlas or adding a map similar to the map in MacLoggerDX?

Reggie

8. WA9PIE

What we're more likely to do is to take the spots from HRD Logbook's DX Cluster and plot them in HRD's Mapper application. I think that will get you what you're looking for.

Mike, WA9PIE

9. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I did a fresh install of the latest HRD on a new computer running Windows 7 and had an issue with rig control. It was switching between VFO A and VFO B sporadically. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the same computer, installed HRD and it is fine.

I went to the YouTube channel and watched the video "Installing MySQL (MariaDB) for your HRD Logbook". It worked perfectly. If I'm not mistaken, one of the links referenced isn't active any longer. It is not hard to figure out, but the correct link could be noted.

Running my log on the MariaDB database, it's faster. I haven't had any issues with it and hope to utilize it more in the future.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    WA9PIE likes this.
  10. UB3DMF

UB3DMF Ham Member QRZ Page

Good afternoon! After work in the telephone mode I turn into work for 780 DM, but I can't choose digital modulations in the interface for 780 DM (everything comes to an end with accident, and it considers restart of 780 DM). Perhaps someone will prompt in what a problem? Thanks.

P.S. Whether the interface of the program will be processed under uniform style?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  11. K0GDI

K0GDI QRZ Lifetime Member #165 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Does this release finally get the Portable Rotation Brand rotator working?

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

So the new version does not work with Win 7 ?

13. KC5KBN

KC5KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Still no JT modes?

14. WA9PIE

KA9JLM likes this.
  15. WA9PIE

I can't answer that question specifically (I just don't have the detail at the moment). But your Software Maintenance and Support is current until 6/25/2018. I've asked my team to check into this... but if you would... go to https://tickets.hrdsoftwarellc.com and register an inquiry there. They will help us find the answer to your question and address it if necessary.

Mike, WA9PIE