ad: w5yi

Ham Radio CD's

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KE4PKB, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE4PKB

KE4PKB Guest

To make KA1MDA and KR2D HAPPY, I have DELETED all of my files! The Service Manuals are on 1,000's of sites all over the world and in this country. Nobody has cared until now. I wonder if THEY have downloaded any of these manuals they speak of or how many of the FREE CD's that I have spent days on to GIVE away for FREE?
    So because of these 2 gentlemen, the CD's are DELETED and no longer available.
    Sorry...
    stanton, ke4pkb...

2. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

:mad:If Yaesu, Icom ,and Kenwood weren't complaining about this, what horse in the show did the two hams mentioned above have??? I know the service manuals are probably proprietary, but if the owners don't mind???
    Seems like you made a nice, free piece of software.and for that i thank you..............

so come you two----what was the big deal??????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

MODERATORS-PLEASE dont lock this thread until we find out ......................

3. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a very good idea. It places stuff that is openly available via the web on 1 CD and save everybody from doing hours of research.
    And it's free.

Unless you somehow included copyrighted material from either KA1MDA or KR2D, I would tell them both to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

4. K0BO

K0BO Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried to download for the IC-706 and received a 404 :eek: error. Is there another link?

Thank you.

***Edited*** I guess I should have read the other posts.

5. KA1MDA

KA1MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

"I know the service manuals are probably proprietary, but if the owners don't mind???"

What makes you think the owners "don't mind"? Just because someone doesn't know their intellectual property is being stolen/pirated doesn't mean they don't mind. I think you are confusing the two.

One could make the (rather safe) assumption that if they didn't care, they would be posting the service manuals in the download sections of their own web sites.

On the other hand, if you happen to have documentation from Icom, Yaesu, or Kenwood stating they are releasing their service manuals into the public domain for free distribution and download, please post it here...

6. AD5XK

AD5XK Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't

It's probably me, But I just tried to click on the links and I get a 404 message page not found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.