Ham radio and religious broadcasts...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VE3GZB, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The same can be said for those who want to see the thread locked.
    There are many other threads you can click on. You can even start your own thread!

2. KA5ROW

KA5ROW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think if you go 12+ miles out to sea you can broadcast what you want. Pirate Radio. My source What I have seen on TV like Miami Vice (1990"s and other shows like SUV current. I have not research on the net.

3. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Please do some research, because it doesn't work that way at all. Why not check the facts FIRST? You think Miami Vice and Law and Order got radio law right?

(Mandatory Amateur Radio Content: No matter where on earth you are, transmitting on Amateur Radio requires a license. Being out at sea in international waters does not change this at all.

With one exception: In a genuine life-or-death emergency, when there is nothing else available, anyone may use any radio communications they can get working to summon help. But it has to be a real life-or-death emergency, and there has to be no other communications option.

N2SR and W4NNF like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

That's why its called "pirate" radio. Pirates don't need a license.

5. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

It takes two to tango. The British Parliament and Crown were distracted by other events, and the colonial governments took matters into their own hands.

I ask again: Is Canada less free than the USA?

Note that the British Empire abolished slavery decades before the USA did. And they did it without a war.

(Mandatory Amateur Radio content: The RSGB Handbook is an excellent reference for all radio amateurs. In particular, those interested in vintage radio of the 1950s-60s will find the issues of those years to be at higher level than any American amateur radio handbook. For example, the G2DAF and G3PDM receiver designs are much more advanced. Some terms may be unfamiliar to some American hams, but the meanings are soon clear from the context. In particular, the use of the Eddystone 898 dial drive and the special tuning capacitors (Polar?) result in a much nicer dial arrangement.)

Hmm.....I feel a project coming on. Something with mercury vapour rectifiers fitted. Will have to check my supply of valve sockets, tag strips, aluminium screening, earthing lugs, and aerial and power sockets.

But first, a trip to the hardware store:

6. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

In my area one of the clubs runs what amounts to a half hour long broadcast of a ham radio based "show". I asked some old timers about it and they said it was classified as news so was allowed.
    Not sure I see it that way but it's their repeater and the airwaves aren't too full that others can't just find another frequency.

Doing the same on HF bands with potential to cover a large area of the US is a bit different. There I would have more of an issue with it.

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline has been on repeaters for years and years. And...yeah...it's kind of a gray area perhaps. But the same could be said of ARRL Bulletins (which have been on HF for years and years and years). The FCC believe that news of this sort, news of help to radio amateurs, is a good thing. I agree. ;)

8. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The " Ham Radio newsline" or something like that is for sure a one way broadcast. There is a station on 160 that plays it as well as many VHF frequencies. I know there is some kind of exception or loophole but its goofy for this type of use. Just like the ARRL RTTY news flashes that stomp on QSO's in progress.

9. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

is the definition of ham radio bound to a certain date and time, or can it change to adapt to conditions? if it is bound to a past event, is there a mechanism to bring about change?

[​IMG]

the fundamental logic error is in step 2. corporations can not pay taxes. it is not possible. if you can't see this, your knowledge base has very large gaps. it is not my responsibility to fill those gaps.

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that politics AND religion have been introduced, I wonder how long before this discussion in in the shitt@r.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.