Ham Nation Pine Board Project discussion

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KD8YQC, Mar 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KE0EFX

KE0EFX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing at all about the Pine Board Project this week; technical difficulties with Bob Heil connecting into the show.

Hey, Don (VE3LYX), would you post a schematic of your transmitter section using the 12bh7 tube? I guess I'm not googling the right term/phrase but I can't find a schematic that looks like it would come after the mic pre-amp that uses a twin-triode. I'd like to better understand where we're going if/when Bob Heil get's there with this project.

2. VE3LYX

VE3LYX Ham Member QRZ Page

Search w0bzt am transmitter should get it. It may be w0bvt but I think it is right. My network device is down so I can't uses my computer. Let me know if you find it ok so I won't worry. I am using now so 7275 crystal so as to stay in the window but out of Q R O amer's way

3. KE0EFX

It was w0bvt. Thanks, just what I was looking for!

4. VE3LYX

Gud!

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

6. VE3LYX

I bought a 7275 crystal so I can operate in the window but out of the way of qro AMers

7. VE3LYX

Just remember not to get anal over parts values. 20% is a reasonable range and use what u have when possible. I am still playing with mine often tryng different things. The only thing I bought so far was the wood. I used audio transformer from a scrapped AC/DC set for the audio choke leaving the 8 ohm side unconnected. What I liked the most was learning about building this type of moduation. Very interesting.

8. W4IQN

W4IQN Ham Member QRZ Page

Guys, downloadable schematics are on the way. Please be patient.

9. KE0EFX

Your avatar is a very fine looking pre-amp! I'm about 1/2 done with mine and it won't look at all that neat and precise...

10. W4IQN

W4IQN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Loren. Looks aren't so important. Just keep your wires as short as you can and you'll be OK. Since you are running ahead of the presentation, you should know that the photo of my preamp on Bob's website is an early version so don't try to copy it too closely. The schematic he posted is the current version. Also, I have re-worked all the schematics so that they will be downloadable PDF. When Bob puts them up, anyone with Adobe reader will be able to download full sized drawings. Enjoy! 73, Gene