HAM License Plates or No?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7LQT, Aug 30, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

In Myseryssippi every third car has a license plate frame that says "Let me show you pictures of my grandchildren"
    This rates right up there with "Have you heard the word of ( their one true deity ) today?" in the no, no, no, no, no department. I don't need to start a conversation about ham radio when I have places to go, things to do and bills to pay.

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This reminds me of the bumper stickers that said "My (Son or Daughter) and my money go to (CU or CSU)".

I considered a specialty bumper sticker saying "My (Son or Daughter) and your money go to Canyon City.

Canyon city is the State Dept of Corrections. Not being a fan of bumper stickers I declined. :)

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I could care less to know all about someone's views on Creation, Sexual Orientation and Political leanings while driving behind them.
    I was naive enough to believe that blue square = sign meant the driver was into mathematics. Instead it's about equal rights for gay types.
    Editorials need to be in print elsewhere than on cars, and no, I refuse to have anything on my car then a registration and it does not include a call sign Thank You.

4. W4FJF

W4FJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham call license plates here in Alabama are no extra charge. You still pay the regular fees, but the call sign tags do not cost extra. As far as advertising your call, I live in a rural area, and have had no trouble with having my radio stolen from either truck I own. I do not go to the big cities unless I absolutely have to - and it is a "slash and run" trip. I get what I want, and get out. At home, I park with my front end of the trucks facing the street so nobody can see the plates. I have had Ham call plates for years, and have had no trouble. Since the State issues only one plate for the rear of your vehicle, I can do this without worrying any. The antenna is a quick disconnect so it doesn't show in a parking lot, the radio is mounted to the roof so it is hard to see from the window unless you are right by the doors. Being outside of any city limits, there is no "rules" I have to follow to "please" any homeowners associations. I hang any antenna I want, the neighbors are far enough apart to not complain.