Hallicrafters World War II Movie

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9STH, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The following URL is very handy to have

http://www.archive.org/movies/bytitle.html

There are hundreds of movies about all sorts of things available from this site. The information about the Hallicrafters movies came from one of the reflectors, so I take no credit for finding it.

There are two sections of the movie entitled "Voice of Victory" (parts I and II). Basically, it tells the story of converting the Hallicrafters HT4B to the now famous BC-610. The links are near the bottom of the list, so you need to scroll down in a hurry unless you are looking for other information.

The QSO shown early in the movie (made in 1944), shows a W9 in Chicago working a station in California. He is using a D-104 microphone, an HT4B, and what I think is an SX-28. Supposedly working the station on 20 meter AM phone.

There are varying speeds of download available from "dial up" to "DSL/Cable". Fortunately, I have a cable connection to the Internet so things came down in a hurry. I don't know how well it will work on a "dial up" connection.

Anyway, the clarity of the video is excellent as is the audio.

Just a bit of nostalgia, but it is both entertaining and educational.

Glen, K9STH

2. K3UD

K3UD Guest

Dynamite site if you have broadband

Thanks Glen!

George
    K3UD

3. W5ATX

W5ATX Guest

Yessireebob, that sure is good stuff. I finally have a reason to be glad I have cable.

Now my son (age 3-1/2) just got done watching about the LA Fire Dept. I wonder what else I can find to keep him busy . . .

Thanks Glen!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.