ad: elecraft

hallicrafters SR-2000 time delay relay?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by WA6MHZ, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why won't iot be easy to fix? The circuit is quite simple. It's just a couple of relays and push buttons.

Most likely issue is that the push button contacts are dirty. Ohmmeter on lowest range will tell the story. Also possible that the resistors in the overload relay circuit have changed value.

There may also be voltage drop or something else in the time-delay-relay thingie and/or the cover interlock. Note that all the control voltages go through them.

Stuff like this is how I learned to use plug-in relays in my homebrew stuff about 30 years ago. If a relay is suspect I replace it and see if the problem goes away.

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry the push button contacts are not the issue. As I remember that is a latching relay circuit.
    The problem will be discovered soon enough.

3. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have looked at the schematic and the push button contacts may very well be the issue.

The complaint is that the HV ON button must be pushed several times to get the HV to come on. The circuit is what relay folks call a "stick" circuit, and if there are any high-resistance contacts in the pick-up path, the HV power control relay won't energize.

(I know a little bit about relays and relay control circuits. The SR-2000 control is pretty simple if it is redrawn for clarity. Dirty contacts are a common trouble in such situations).

If the trouble is researched in a planned, scientific way, yes.

4. KI6NQT

KI6NQT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have modified this comment and should appear soon. Its been a bit since I've looked at the schematics.
    Sorry

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  5. KI6NQT

KI6NQT Ham Member QRZ Page

How about K301

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.