ad: NSIComm-1

HAL ST-8000 RTTY Terminal Unit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WB2QLL, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WB2QLL

WB2QLL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're ready for a serious TU, or HF Modem as they call it, this is the one for you. I've enjoyed using it for the past 15 years or so. Digital readouts adjusted with a spinner knob, built in oscilloscope, will impress any station visitors :) Here's the descriptive link:

Front panel's in excellent shape, top and bottom have marks from rack mounting but nothing serious. Version 1.2 of the firmware. You get a copy of both the operator's manual and the service manual. Flip-up stand to elevate front of unit if deskmounted included.

This can actually be used for some digi modes - I used this for AMTOR back in the day. Note that this isn't a TNC - it doesn't decode anything - if it's tuned to an RTTY signal the output is not ASCII data but high and low signal level transitions. You could connect this to a mechanical RTTY machine or a computer. The easiest way to use the ST-8000 today is as a regenerator, where its output is RTTY tones, which are subsequently fed into a sound card for demodulation. In this way you can use the very high quality ST-8000 filters and diversity capabilities whilst still using any computer sound card RTTY package.

You can figure on 23 pounds shipped weight from 53140, and you'll pay what I pay FedEx Ground. No ship charge if you pick it up in the Milwaukee - Chicago area. Price $350 + shipping, PayPal or USPS Money Order. As-is, not returnable.

Email to:

Attached Files:

2. K8PJQ

K8PJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Serious buyer for ST8000 Reply can do Paypal rick K8PJQ Phone 586 716 5272---will be away from home until late this evening. I'm not a tire kicker, just a serious buyer
  3. WB2QLL

WB2QLL Ham Member QRZ Page

The ST-8000 has been sold, thank you everyone.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.