ad: PowerFilm-1

HAL ST-8000 RTTY Terminal Unit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WB2QLL, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
  1. WB2QLL

WB2QLL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're ready for a serious TU, or HF Modem as they call it, this is the one for you. I've enjoyed using it for the past 15 years or so. Digital readouts adjusted with a spinner knob, built in oscilloscope, will impress any station visitors :) Here's the descriptive link:

Front panel's in excellent shape, top and bottom have marks from rack mounting but nothing serious. Version 1.2 of the firmware. You get a copy of both the operator's manual and the service manual. Flip-up stand to elevate front of unit if deskmounted included.

This can actually be used for some digi modes - I used this for AMTOR back in the day. Note that this isn't a TNC - it doesn't decode anything - if it's tuned to an RTTY signal the output is not ASCII data but high and low signal level transitions. You could connect this to a mechanical RTTY machine or a computer. The easiest way to use the ST-8000 today is as a regenerator, where its output is RTTY tones, which are subsequently fed into a sound card for demodulation. In this way you can use the very high quality ST-8000 filters and diversity capabilities whilst still using any computer sound card RTTY package.

You can figure on 23 pounds shipped weight from 53140, and you'll pay what I pay FedEx Ground. No ship charge if you pick it up in the Milwaukee - Chicago area. Price $350 + shipping, PayPal or USPS Money Order. As-is, not returnable.

Email to:

Attached Files:

2. K8PJQ

K8PJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Serious buyer for ST8000 Reply can do Paypal rick K8PJQ Phone 586 716 5272---will be away from home until late this evening. I'm not a tire kicker, just a serious buyer
  3. WB2QLL

WB2QLL Ham Member QRZ Page

The ST-8000 has been sold, thank you everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.