H6? station on SO50 last night 0410z

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KD6NFD, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KD6NFD

KD6NFD XML Subscriber

did anyone get the full call sign of the H6? station operating from DK79 last night around 0410z on SO50? I was struggling with the suffix and finally got out of the way so others could work him. I heard XE1AO, WQ6C, K8YSE and K7ACS but I don't think any of us got his full call correct. Did it get sorted out after I lost the pass? I consider it a busted call so wont log it but I am curious what the call was?

thanks and 73,

Craig KD6NFD

2. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber

Yes, HK3Z. I worked him. Hard to do when half the people throwing out their call signs on SO-50 couldn't hear the down link.

Omar XE1AO was the DK89 from his home grid.

3. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber

Oh boy, I looked at the UTC time and not the date....You said "last night" and I didn't even stop to think about day/date.

If you're talking about 0410 UTC on 4/13, then I was mistaken. My contact was on 4/12.

But DK89 is where Omar normally operates from. There is a 6H6IARU special event operating in Mexico... Maybe that's what you heard?

See http://www.qrz.com/db/6H6IARU

4. KD6NFD

KD6NFD XML Subscriber

thanks Clayton, sorry I should have been clear on the date/time.

I think you are 100% correct about the call sign - that must have been it. I listened to my audio recording of the pass and the operator clearly was not phonetically spelling out each letter of the suffix, more like trying to pronouce IARU as a word.

hopefully I get a chance to work him again this weekend.

5. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber

Yes! The way he's saying it is almost like the word "yellow" to my Texas ears.... :D

Their call sign is a mouthful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.