H & Y Electronics in Kentucky ?!

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by N9TCB, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N9TCB

N9TCB Guest

Hello.... has anyone else had a problem with H & Y Electronics in Kentucky ? I've recently went to order something from their website, and found on their "specials" pages a Dosy Meter... I ordered 2 of them, and they would not honor their price they had on the web site.

They basically told me that they don't care if I file a complaint with the KY BBB, or the KY Attorney General Office.... and not to contact them ever again !! Nice customer service huh ! What SH$T heads !

I will definitely never order another thing from their website, or their Ebay store, or their sister company Copper Electronics ever again !

While I can not tell you folks what to do, BUT.. I would highly suggest that you think twice before ever ordering anything for them !!

2. WB0LSR

WB0LSR Ham Member

It's interesting to me that a company that is buried a**-deep in illegal activities would provide such lousy customer service.. yours isn't even the first complaint I've seen. Just file a report with the FCC about the amps they sell. I'm sure Uncle Sam is already aware, but maybe if more people report them the FCC will decide to do something. Or maybe not but it's worth a try IMO. Just my $.02

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber

That must have really put you in a wad to post the exact same thing in 2 different forum sections

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?313592-H-amp-Y-Electronics-in-Kentucky-!

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member

So, you purchased CB garbage from a site that only sells CB Garbage and you think it is OK to come here, a Ham Radio Site, and whine because they treated you like a CBer? Maybe you should post this on one of the CBer sites.

Somebody throw that boy a crying towel and call the Whaaaaaabulance!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  5. VE3FMC

VE3FMC XML Subscriber

Sounds like a HICK Business. Plus may I ask why you would want a DOSY power meter in the first place? :confused:

6. WB0LSR

WB0LSR Ham Member

If I had an unpleasant experience with a company I would go anywhere there was even the remotest possibility that there are potential customers and share that experience. Maybe just maybe (and I know it's a GIANT stretch) the OP is both a ham and a CBer. Imagine that if you will!! Wow.. amazing isn't it.

*sigh* Now carry on with the oh-so-predictable, proud Amateur Radio tradition of dumping on all CBers. Makes us look like a real top-tier, quality bunch of folks that's for sure.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member

Ummm....not dumping on any CBers. Dumping on a CB Garbage company that only sells CB Garbage. H&Y and Copper along with some others are famous. Why would any Ham do business with them? Same with DOSY...Garbage.

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber

Mares eat oats and does eat oats
    And little lambs eat ivy;
    A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?:eek:

9. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator

You posted in two different sections so I merged them together here

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber

Gotta love those DOSY meters!

A clip from one of their "wattmeters" that "measures SSB % modulation:"

SSB Modulation Check
    1. Turn Mode Selector Switch (#5 Fig. 1) to MOD position
    2. Switch SSB/AM rocker (#6 Fig. 1) to SSB
    3. For this test, the Transmitter must be in AM mode for setting
    modulation on meter to the SET line position on meter.
    Make sure you use the lower scale marked SSB MOD.
    4. With Transmitter keyed, turn Mode Switch on Transmitter to
    either UPPER or LOWER SIDE BAND and talk or whistle
    steadily into the microphone. Read modulation on the
    lower scale of meter, marked SSB MOD.

Now that's just amazing.

11. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member

It's where the illegal stuff is available to be used illegally on the 11m band. That's the only reason.

There really isn't a big market in the Amateur community for such equipment but it's still there none the less. You have the whole world at your fingertips with your legitimate privileges. Why keep playing in the kids pool? If you stay within the rules of class D service while there, that's one thing. If you have to be there with the loudest, proudest station in the nation, why risk your Amateur privileges? You can work the world with 10 watts on 10 meters when the band is open.

You may think the rules for class D are wrong, especially with regard to the 155 mile distance limit, but those are the rules and you are bound by your Amateur license to strictly obey rules for all radio services TO THE LETTER. If you think the rules are wrong, lobby the FCC and the ARRL and Congress. Breaking the rules will not win over anyone to your cause. It will just make you in violation and eventually you will lose all your gear and a nice chunk of your wallet.

If a person honestly believes in their cause for more power and distance privileges on 11m, get the ball rolling and use the system to your advantage.

12. VE3FMC

VE3FMC XML Subscriber

With a DOSY Power meter you ain't got a thing if you ain't got any swing. ;)

The OP would be doing himself a favor if he ordered a WM-1 from Autek. Or a Palstar PM2000A, two meters I have in my shack, and both work very well. Although I do prefer the Autek because of the dual meters.

13. KC8ADU

KC8ADU Ham Member

ordering some new rifle targets?

14. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber

Hearing banjos being played in the background while on the phone with those guys should've made you suspicious.

15. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member

Hmmm, another CB related thread that's moving around like a single wide in search of a home...

PLONK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.