ad: Radclub22-1

\"Ground Zero\" Hams featured on Fox5 NY 10 O\'clock

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

AB2MH writes "Many of us may be unsung heroes after disasters, including the terrorist attacks of September 11. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. A couple days ago, NYC ARES - represented by Charles Hargrove N2NOV and Mark Philips KC2ENI were featured in a short TV interview at "ground zero" lasting approximately a minute and a half. It was broadcast on the Fox5 (WNYW TV) 10 o'clock news. The interview is available as an MPEG video clip on <a href=http://www.nyc-ares.org> NYC ARES</a> website."

2. W7TDC

W7TDC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that that is really neat. Thats the first time Ive ever seen a news broadcast honoring HAMS. It shows that all of those hams in NYC helped in a lot of ways.

3. KF7CG

KF7CG Ham Member QRZ Page

AWESOME INDEED! There was a similar tribute in Columbus, OH recently and they mentioned the intruder monitoring and the Ham public service contributions. This was great publicity, but still not good enough to get anyone to allow antennas!

What can I say, we do the work no matter what we get to use for equipment.

KF7CG

4. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. AB8MI

AB8MI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in Lansing MI, all three of the local channels featured news stories on hams in our area during the events of September 11.

In this area we recieve a lot of support at both the city and county level for our ARES/RACES organization.

The more we get involved in the community and the ARES/RACES organizations, the less likely we are likely to lose spectrum.

Get Involved!!!

Wayne

6. 9v1sm

9v1sm Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey guys,
    Had a look at it! Great job. Feels proud to be a radio amateur!
    73's and keep up the great work
    Sasi
    9V1SM / VU3SNM
    SASI NAYAR
    Reef Ecology Laboratory and
    TROPICAL MARINE SCIENCE INSTITUTE,
    14 KENT RIDGE ROAD,
    NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
    SINGAPORE
    http://www.dbs.nus.edu.sg/lab/reef/SasiNayar.htm

7. KC2DBU

KC2DBU Ham Member QRZ Page

Its about time we start getting recinised for what we do. It is one way to get more people into the hobbie. I my self was at a American Red Cross chapter for a long time. I did my part, the meida should do the same. give us more air time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.