ad: wmr-1

Greg Childs kc8hrw

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KG8DM, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KG8DM

KG8DM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with deep regret that i learned of the passing of Greg Childs kc8hrw on 06-09-04 at the age of 46.Greg was a very kind,caring man who would go out of his way to help someone out.He was active in the Cambridge,Ohio club(cara) and loved six-meters and repeater operation.Greg was a down to earth man who would always welcome anyone on the 146.850 machine in Cambridge.I will always cheerish our late night ragchews and working on antennas late at night at his qth.Greg and i had common interest such as guitar playing and the outdoors.The amateur community has lost a very fine ham indeed.MY deepest sympathy to Gregs family..73s my friend,i will miss chewing the rag with you dearly until we meet again.....kg9qp Don

2. AB8JH

AB8JH Ham Member QRZ Page

I can second Don's comments about KC8HRW. He was my first contact on the air, became my elmer and my friend. I will miss the easy connection he made with people both on and off the air. Please look up my callsign here on QRZ.com for the story of how I came to know Greg Childs.

Greg was a General class licensee, but was primarily active on 2 meter repeaters all over the eastern half of Ohio. He enjoyed being an active ham and he was a blast to have around on Field Day and during special events.

His sudden passing is a loss to the amateur community here in eastern Ohio. I know I'll miss his warm voice on the radio. 73 DE AB8JH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.