Got a promo code for ARRL checkout?

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by KF5ANR, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-sarc
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KF5ANR

KF5ANR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering if anybody has a promo code for ARRL membership.
    Be nice to get some free stuff or a discount with my first membership.

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch for ARRL booths at Hamfests and club meetings. The Section Manager or Director are usually there peddling memberships (I used to do that) and they have free books for renewing. Just last weekend, I scored a really nice book on Wire antennas for my renewal at the Visalia DX Convention! They also had the new Repeater directories. Hope someone comes up with the promo code on here, FREE IS GOOD!!! And it entices alot of members to renew. If you are going to renew anyway, might as well cash in on the FREEBIES!!!

3. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

they always do !

They always do on their email BTW if you got the money get the LIFE membership , its worth it ! I get emails on products with CODEs always and hamfests dealers run clearences on items that without the code like I bought a Radio Amateurs Handbook discounted and the new one was already on their table.

Also by William ORR his Handbook published by Howard Sams gotta look around.:D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  4. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  5. W4KTL

W4KTL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was licensed in 1975, joined the ARRL in 1976. Wish I had done the life membership then; it was only $180, but $180 was a lot of money for a high school kid back then.

6. KL7JBB

KL7JBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Free Stuff!

Try entering either R3 or R4. You'll be given a short list of books, one of which you may choose for free!

7. KD8HLY

KD8HLY Ham Member QRZ Page

I got a repeater directory last year[2009] and guess what? it didn't have the
    repeater that I'm on most of the time anyway! Oh well, so what else is new?

73 KD8HLY George

8. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

web code N1 I just got mine in the mail yesterday and plan on signing up you get the 2010 operating manual

9. W2ILP

W2ILP Ham Member QRZ Page

You can get it cheaper.

If you are a member of Borders Rewards book club and if you get their discount coupons to print out and their membership discount you can buy the latest ARRL Handbook from them for a lot less than the ARRL charges (over 50% discount). If your local Boarders book store does not have the ARRL Handbook they will order it for you and you can pick it up at your local store at no charge for shipping. If you want any older ARRL books try Amazon.com.

Bob w2ilp (Inexpensive Library Penny-pincher)

10. W2ILP

I Love Life but I don't want any life memberships.

When George Burns was nearing his hundredth birthday he said that he no longer invests in green bananas. I'm only 77 years old and I don't think that a life membership in anything is worth much more than a flowering cactus seed.

Bob w2ilp (Incomplete Life Publications?)...Life magazine is no longer published. Many of those who had a life subscription to life have outlived LIFE in their own time.

BTW I am a Life Member of the IEEE which enables me to get the IEEE Spectrum magazine and membership in one of their professional groups free, as long as I live. It would be nice if the ARRL granted free membership to ARRL members who have been loyal members for over 50 years...but no...They have recently eliminated the discount they had given to members who are over 65 years old...because too many of their members are that old. We can't blame them for that.

11. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

He also said, "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!"

12. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Where's that extra penny going to?

To my lifetime membership, of course! :)

13. KJ4SJJ

KJ4SJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the N1 code. It worked like a charm!

14. W2ILP

Who said it first?

n0iu

The quote "If I knew that I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" was not originally said by George Burns. It was first said by the late Eubie Blake, who lived to be over 100 years old. Blake was a famous rag-time composer and jazz pianist, who started his career by playing the piano in houses of ill repute. We know that lots of his music had been stolen by others. Let us not give Burns credit for a Blake quote, because it fit both of them, as they both smoked.

Say goodnight Gracie.

w2ilp (I Like Pianists) when they play the bars with the right keys.

PS...Although Eubie Blake claimed to be over 100, official records say that he was only 97 when he died. If he wanted to claim that he lived over 100 years he should have stopped smoking.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  15. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

As usual, I stand corrected!

The I suppose you are going to tell me it wasn't Mark Twain who said, "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

16. KE7VLC

KE7VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

R3 worked for me tonight. Hope this helps!

17. AA1QT

AA1QT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thinking about it..

At 63 years of age I was thinking(in between minor brain freezes),that why would I want a free repeater book discount? Modern times have given us a button to push and beep-beep repeater scan,beep-beep repeater entered into one of two hundred memory's.Etc..Etc. But now the new hard cover hand book would be good with a discount Etc.ARRP gives discounts,ARRL gives..?to us older gent's.:)

18. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Scott , I have no doubt that Twain said it , but I have heard that it goes back as far as Ptolemy , sometime in the 2nd century AD . If I can locate an earlier version , I'll post it . Amazing how timeless it is , regardless .

Russ , W5RB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.