Goodbye Cycle 24

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NM7G, May 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Things are kind of dull compared to a couple years ago from a propagation perspective. So for now just chasing ATNOs and still logging them like 3B7A and KH1 Dxpeditions. Sure they are more challenging to fill a bingo card but still is plenty of fun. I think this is a good time to explore the SDRs which are super cool, work on antenna projects, play around with weak signal and standard modes on VHF/UHF, hang more with family, get in shape, take up snowboarding again, run a marathon. Cool stuff both ham and not.

2. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

One just has to use those two objects sticking out on each side of your head, you know, EARS. Clean them out, listen, when you are tired of listening, listen some more. Never know what might happen?

K1TGX likes this.
  3. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Very true!

K1TGX likes this.
  4. AE7BT

AE7BT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good riddance Cycle 24!

5. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

6. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2018-8-22_11-10-10.png

N1OOQ likes this.
  7. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked just over 30 SSB stations into the EU, and 3 to the USA, last night from here at HL1. We now have a 29 sunspot number. Lots of QSB, but a fun evening, between about 10:30pm and midnight, Seoul time.

8. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

If I feel the need to talk, I'll talk to my sweetheart wife. Much better ROI

9. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wahoo! 90 watts to Chile from South Korea, today. Half-sized vertical dipole homebrew on 40m. Made my day!

W5BIB and KC8VWM like this.
  10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I caught CE2ML yesterday (24/2232z) "Grey Line" on 14.026 khz with 15 watts out to 40m OCF dipole up 20ft.
    (Right Place, Right Time) ;):D