Gonset Communicator Jones plug needed

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by N1MIW, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1MIW

    N1MIW Ham Member QRZ Page

    I'm looking for a supplier of the female 12 pin Jones connector for my Gonset Communicator 1. If you could also help with the fused power plug they made back in the day, that would be a great bonus. TKS...

  2. W9GB

    W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

    Larry -

    Jones plugs are made by Cinch (HQ in Lombard, IL)

    Molex also makes these Jones plugs (their acquisition of Beau Interconnect)
    Part number # 14F2451

    There are numerous distributors and sources for these plugs, such as Mouser, Newark, DigiKey
    Some configurations are not in current production (special order), but I have found at hamlets, eBay and antique radio resellers.

    Mouser -- Cinch Jones plugs

    I think the 12-pin that Gonset used was same as the Drake AC-3 and AC-4 power supplies.

    1940s and 1950s Fuse holder AC plugs (unpolarized, NEMA 1-15) are no longer recommended,
    a fuse holder can be placed inside the unit, as required.

    AC Power Plugs
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  3. K9STH

    K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page


    You definitely do NOT want to use the fused plug on the Communicator I. It is very easy to install a fuse holder inside the unit and then use a 3-wire cord for AC power. MUCH safer! Using a 3-wire cord instead of a 2-wire cord is definitely one area in which safety triumphs originality.

    I use a 3-wire cord on my Communicator I which was salvaged from a basket case. Towards the end at


    Glen, K9STH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

ad: Anwtowers-1