ad: w5yi

GM3SEK Triode and Tetrode Control Boards

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by GM3SEK, Dec 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. GM3SEK

GM3SEK Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the past 20 years I have supplied over 2300 control boards and kits to tube amplifier builders around the world - literally, from Alaska to Antarctica.

However, these products are nearing the end of their design lifetime and some parts are becoming harder to find, so we are giving a whole year's notice that the Tetrode Boards and the Triode Board will be 'retired' from the market by the end of 2019.

Until then, sales will continue as normal (see tinyurl.com/gm3sek-boards for ordering details and the downloadable user manuals).

Support for existing customers will of course continue beyond that date.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

WA7PRC, W9GB, AH7I and 2 others like this.
  2. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Would such a board be an upgrade to an Emtron DX-2SP ?

3. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably best to contact him directly through his website...

4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

5. MM0IMC

6. N8CBX

N8CBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Completely out of the question. Why? Ian's boards are designed for a homebrewing project and not concerned about miniaturizing the kilowatt. In other words, for best practice don't build into a small space, so that everything needs to be designed like a tight fitting glove.
    Jan N8CBX

7. MM0IMC

Not a problem for me, as I'm home-brewing a triode amplifier and have just finished assembling his triode board.

8. W9JSW

W9JSW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 2 of his triode boards that I will not be using. I had ordered a set of tetrode boards and received a pair of triode ones. Too expensive to ship back. Let me know if you want one.

9. KC1LEP

KC1LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

Email Ian. You have my boards and I have yours. He sent me new ones and didnt ask for the other back. He said he was prepping both our orders at the same time and sent me your tetrode board and sent you my triode boards by accident.

10. W9JSW

W9JSW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sent him a note. Thanks for the heads up.