Girls, Just curious what your favorite part of the hobby is?

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by KC9ZHV, Jun 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC9ZHV

KC9ZHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello! I was sitting here getting things ready tonight for the YL OP Net I basically record video of the net and edit it then throw it on youtube quickly.. The net is held on the ALARA conference server. Wondering what other yl's enjoy doing in the hobby! I haven't really been into hf much although it is hooked up and ready to go.. I do have two repeaters that are down currently and being reworked but have enjoyed checking into a couple of echolink nets throughout the week.. Medical issues have really kept me away for a few years now from getting outside and playing with antennas and stuff so voip based traffic seemed to be the way to go for me..

Just curious what spectrum of the hobby your enjoying!

MI0YLT and N6QIC like this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Loren,
    The only thing that I still enjoy about ham radio is the Noontime Net 7283.5, not much else.

Wave_and_a_smile.jpg

MI0YLT and KC9ZHV like this.
  3. KC9ZHV

Hey Lisa!!!! How have you been!!!!! I miss chatting with ya!! It has been awhile.. Anyway I have heard of this net! I can't reach it because of where i live here in Southern IL it's a bit of a stretch during that time of day here.. By the way in case you missed it on Facebook I had shoulder surgery towards the end of April doing better so far as far as pain levels for the most part!

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We are all doing well, I miss chatting with you to! I don't get on Facebook much anymore. Maybe we can chat again on the KD6DDM repeater one of these days. Happy to hear that you are doing better. Ok well I am heading to work, have a great day. :)

MI0YLT and KC9ZHV like this.
  5. KC9ZHV

Sounds good!!!!! Have a good day at work!! Thanks for jumping in! I was beginning to think these threads were dead lol..

6. W5MQC

W5MQC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Loren,

I would have to say, I love to chase special event stations (or call for the special event stations).

~33 Michelle

7. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love the thrill of a good contest. I love the rush, the thrill, the competition. I love going head to head with some of the big boys and beating them!!!

MI0YLT, K4YPS and N6QIC like this.
  8. KC2IAY

KC2IAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Kit building and HF is where it's at for me. I just love getting a new state or country. The extra challenge of having a less than ideal antenna situation makes it that much more rewarding. And melting solder is therapeutic.

MI0YLT, VE5YAK, K0DD and 1 other person like this.
  9. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I created my first couple Novice transmitters from schematics Fall of 1970. I still love to DX. Juggling Radio and Homemaking... At least my husband "builds - not installs" cabinets for a living at one of the biggies... Maybe next year sometime I can have a new kitchen?

10. N2OKA

N2OKA Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Michelle W5MQZ love the special events and the 2 YL nets that I participate in.

MI0YLT and K0DD like this.