giddieup409

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W4EY, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W6VPS

W6VPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure..write the FCC a letter or send an email. You could direct it to Riley Hollingsworth I suppose. But what is the issue you have over which the FCC has jurisdiction?

Fraud on the internet isn't one of the areas the FCC regulates. If this guy is an amateur and you can PROVE fraud then perhaps his qualifications to hold a ham license could be reviewed. Riley is the guy to do that.

Otherwise your hope for some sort of action lies with some other agency. USPS perhaps or local autorities.

Paul/W6VPS

2. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

I always look at the feedback rating BEFORE I make a transaction, if anything hints of sour, I move on.

That is COMMON SENSE.

Thanks for the post, ebay needs more regulators like the FCC needs more violation police.

3. KD8Z

KD8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I left a joker, bad seller that buys from R&L in his home town in Ohio, he gave me a scathing feedback, so I have come to the conclusion that is someone gets a "scathing" feedback I suspect its validity. This joker buys his stuff from R&L over the counter all the time telling me he could get it to me for less that R&L sells it for, bunk, I wasn't watching closely enough and he snuck through an extra $15.00 on the bill, my fault for not watching this guy with a microscope.
    The moral to this story is if the feedback is so super horrible that this person is just short of an ax murder and all or most other feedback is great, I toss out the anomaly and go ahead and buy. Like I said by this jokers feedback I am slightly less than an ax murderer.

4. N7ANL

N7ANL Ham Member QRZ Page

===================================
    I have excerpted a few quotes from the author's full letter, my comments in reply are in ALL CAPS for clarity. -- N7ANL
    ===================================

Beware...Beware...Ebay Fraudulent seller

I purchased a item from an ebay seller.

Steve Rigsbee
    Chapel Hill, NC.

Seller made the following description in his auction.
    -- SELLER'S AD SNIPPED, SEE ORIGINAL LETTER --
    When the amp was received, it had been dropped and damaged by the shipper and the external case was damaged. I excepted this and continued to inspect the amp because there were parts loose inside the cast.

However, the main problem was revealed when I opened the unit to inspect the inside and install the Amp tubes.

At this point, I noticed that the meter circuit board was burned up and components were burned to a pile of ashes.

Further investigation revealed that the band switch S7 1/2 had been melted down and burned beyond use.
    ------- N7ANL COMMENT------

CLEARLY THE SELLER REPRESENTED HIS EBAY ITEM AS BEING IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.
    BUT SINCE YOU NOTICED THE AMP HAD BEEN DROPPED BY THE SHIPPER & WITH OBVIOUS DAMAGES ON THE OUTSIDE, YOU WERE SMART TO "FIRST" OPEN THE AMP UP & LOOK FOR WHAT ELSE MAY HAVE HAPPENED.
    ALL LARGE AMP BUYERS SHOULD DO THIS IF THEY HAVE "ANY" SUSPICIONS OF DAMAGES OR HEAR ANY LOOSE PARTS RATTLING AROUND -- "BEFORE" PLUGGING THE AMP IN.
    I HAD A BUYER OF AN HF AMP RECEIVE AN AMP I HAD SENT, WHICH WAS DAMAGED BY THE SHIPPER'S MISHANDLING. THE BUYER HEARD LOOSE PARTS RATTLING INSIDE WHEN HE OPENED THE PKG. (HE STATED THIS TO ME IN A PHONE CALL AFTER THE FACT.) STUPIDLY THOUGH, THE FIRST THING HE DID WAS PLUG IN & FIRE UP THE AMP, THUS CAUSING MUCH MORE ELECTRONIC DAMAGE, WHICH HE THEN TRIED TO BLAME ON ME.
    SHIPPING DAMAGE HAPPENS. LARGE, HEAVY HF AMPS ARE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE SINCE THE WEIGHT IS WORKING AGAINST THE DELICATE ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS & CONNECTIONS. BUT DON'T BE FOOLISH TO CAUSE MORE DAMAGE BY FIRING UP THE EQUIPMENT BEFORE OPENING IT UP & DOING A FULL INSPECTION LOOKING FOR BROKEN CONNECTIONS AND SO FORTH.
    I WAS LUCKY THAT I HAD INSURED IT FOR FULL REPLACEMENT VALUE, AND UPS DID PAY WITHIN 1 MONTH, EVEN MORE THAN I HAD INSURED IT FOR ! (THAT WAS SOME YEARS AGO.) I REIMBURSED THE SELLER HIS FULL AMOUNT -- PLUS A LITTLE EXTRA -- AND I SOLD THE DAMAGED AMP CHEAP TO A REBUILDER WHO GOT IT GOING FINE AGAIN.
    WHILE MY AMP'S BUYER WAS RUDELY IMPATIENT HAVING TO WAIT A FEW WEEKS FOR HIS MONEY BACK, HE GOT IT ALL BACK, AND MORE. HE NEVER THANKED ME HOWEVER.
    ====
    I have been trying to work with the seller. He refuses to work with me. He keeps stating that this damage was due to the shipper dropping the amp.

I made several photographs and sent to seller describing the burned components and circuit board. There is "NO WAY" this unit could have been working or tested.

Both PayPal and eBay have refused to intervene in this issue.

------ COMMENT ------

OPENING & INSPECTING THE AMP "FIRST", BEFORE POWERING IT UP, "SHOULD" ALLEVIATE YOU OF HAVING DONE ANY DAMAGE TO IT, AND SHOULD PROVE THE SHIPPER WAS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE "BURNED UP COMPONENTS" YOU DISCOVERED. BUT YOU ARE A BIT STUCK IN THAT IT'S YOUR WORD AGAINST THE SELLER'S WORD.
    NOW YOU ARE LEARNING AN IMPORTANT BUT "UNFORTUNATE AT THE MOMENT" LESSON HERE.
    EBAY & PAYPAL WILL PROTECT THE SELLER FIRST, SINCE HE IS PAYING EBAY TO LIST THE ITEM, AND HE IS THEIR CLIENT. IN EFFECT YOU TOO ARE THEIR CLIENT BUT THEY GIVE GREATER PRIORITY TO THE SELLER, WHEN IT APPEARS TO EBAY THERE IS A "BALANCED DISPUTE" HAPPENING. (THE SELLER IS HOLDING TO HIS LIE THAT THE AMP WAS IN PERFECT SHAPE INSIDE & OUT "BEFORE SHIPPING", WITH HIS REPETITOUS REPLIES.) EBAY FIGURES THEY CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT SO THEY GIVE PRIORITY TO THEIR SELLER-CLIENT.
    IN YOUR CASE, THE SELLER IS LYING & THE DAMAGE TO THE AMP WAS THERE "BEFORE" HE PACKAGED IT UP TO SHIP IT. (he might not have inspected tha amp himself & may not have known it was electronically damaged, OR maybe he did...)
    HE IS GUILTY OF FRAUD HOWEVER, IF THE STORY IS TRUE AS YOU TELL US. HAD YOU OPENED THE BOX & POWERED IT UP RIGHT AWAY, THEN THE "BURNED COMPONENTS" MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIS FAULT, OR YOURS, AND NO ONE COULD TELL.
    THE SELLER ALSO FAILED TO INSURE THE AMP FOR FULL REPLACEMENT VALUE, WHETHER YOU PAID FOR THIS TO BE DONE OR NOT. IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU ASKED HIM TO DO SO, THIS MAY HELP YOUR CLAIM.
    HE FURTHER PACKAGED THE AMP VERY POORLY & GUARANTEED THAT DAMAGE WOULD BE LIKELY. YOU PAID MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO "PROPERLY PACKAGE" THE AMP & INSURE IT TOO. THUS, THE SELLER IS AGAIN IN EFFECT, GUILTY OF FRAUD, BY NOT DOING WHAT IS "REASONABLE & PRUDENT" FOR PACKAGING THE AMP. THESE ARE THE WORDS WHICH COULD HELP YOUR CLAIM -- IF ONLY EBAY, OR PAYPAL, OR A COURT OF LAW WOULD LISTEN.
    HOWEVER, THE PAINFUL LESSON STILL APPLIES. EBAY & PAYPAL WILL NOT PROTECT YOU. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SUE OR FILE A FRAUD CHARGE AGAINST THE SELLER OR EBAY/PAYPAL, BUT IT WILL TAKE A WHILE AND JUSTICE MIGHT COME AT A PRICE.
    CATCH MY POINT.
    EBAY IS DANGEROUS & PROTECTS THE SELLER MORE THAN THE BUYER. IT' IS WORSE THAN "BUYER BEWARE" -- WHEN THE "EBAY SYSTEM BY DESIGN" IS WORKING AGAINST YOU.
    MY SUGGESTION TO "EVERY" HAM, AND INDIVIDUAL:
    QUIT USING EBAY.
    SIGN OFF AND NEVER GO BACK.
    TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW, DESPITE EBAY HAVING A DECENT RECORD OF SUCCESSFUL TRADES, THEIR "DESIGN FLAW" IS "HIGH RISK" TO THE UNPROTECTED BUYER. AND THAT IS "EVERY" EBAY USER. IT IS WORSE THAN "BUYER BEWARE". IT IS A >>> DESIGN FAILURE <<< BY EBAY, AND THEY ARE NOT WORKING TO CORRECT IT.
    THE BUYER IS THE UNFORTUNATE LOSER HERE.
    =====

Beware.....Beware.... Do not buy anything from this Seller.

HIS EBAY NAME IS giddieup409

Beware...Beware.

------- COMMENT ------

LEAVE ALL THE BAD RAP COMMENTS YOU CAN ON THIS GUY. BUT AGAIN, BE FOREWARNED.
    EBAY MAY CANCEL "YOU" AS A FUTURE BUYER, IF THE SELLER'S WORD IS TAKEN AS PRIORITY OVER YOUR WORD, IN THIS CASE.
    DON'T BE SHOCKED. IT HAPPENED TO ME.
    I WAS THE VICTIM OF A FRAUDULENT SELLER, BUT WITH EBAY'S "FAILURE BY DESIGN" (THE "BLIND AUCTION" FORMAT, AMONG OTHER THINGS...), THE SELLER MANAGED TO MAKE ME SOUND LIKE THE BAD GUY, WHICH OF COURSE I HAD DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT & BY THE BOOK. HE WAS THE FRAUDSTER, AND I WAS BANNED FROM BEING AN EBAY "BUYER" FROM THAT POINT FORWARD. SEEMS UNBELIEVABLE, YET IT HAPPENED.
    EBAY IS AN OVERALL GOOD CONCEPT -- BUT HAS BUILT-IN DESIGN FAILURES, AND IS DOING NOTHING TO CORRECT IT, AND YOU AS AN INNOCENT BUYER, CAN BE RAPED & PILLAGED IN THE MARKET SQUARE, AND LEFT TO HANG AS THE VICTIM.
    THE ONLY LOGICAL SOLUTION IN THIS CRAZY MIXED UP WORLD, IS TO DUMP THE PROBLEM, AND THAT IS EBAY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.