ad: KF7PMW-1

giddieup409

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W4EY, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W4EY

W4EY Ham Member QRZ Page

BEWARE..BEWARE...Ebay Fraudulent seller

I purchased a item from an ebay seller.

Steve Rigsbee
    Chapel Hill, NC.

Seller made the following description in his auction.

"KENWOOD TL-922 HAM LINEAR, SPECS: 2/3-500 TUBES AT FULL OUTPUT, NEW TUBES HAVE RECEIT, COVERS 10-160 METERS, 2K+@240 VAC, VERY NICE AMP NO DISSAPOINTMENTS"

When the amp was received, it had been dropped and damaged by the shipper and the external case was damaged. I excepted this and continued to inspect the amp
    because there were parts loose inside the cast.

However, the main problem was revealed when I opened the unit to inspect the inside and install the Amp tubes.

At this point, I noticed that the meter circuit board was burned up and components were burned to a pile of ashes.

Further investigation revealed that the band switch S7 1/2 had been melted down and burned beyond use.

I have been trying to work with the seller. He refuses to work with me. He keeps stating that this damage was due to the shipper dropping the amp.

I made several photographs and sent to seller describing the burned components and circuit board. There is "NO WAY" this unit could have been working or tested.

Both PayPal and eBay have refused to intervene in this issue.

BEWARE.....BEWARE...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS Seller.

HIS EBAY NAME IS giddieup409

BEWARE...BEWARE..

2. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

Find out where he lives and go punch him in the throat.

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Topic moved to the more appropriate forum.

Glen, K9STH
    One of the QRZ.com moderators

4. W2FPG

W2FPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Another Scam Artist BEWARE of Steve Arbuckle KD6RHR I traded him a beautiful Icom 706MK2G and LDG tuner for a burnt up Dentron clipperton L that he claimed worked fine with new tubes 1500 watts yada yada.The band switch and tank coil are melted and were arcing on the bottom of the cover,the tubes have turne white in spots showing extreeme heat.Wiring not even soldered at some points just wrapped around terminals an old CB box that some kid had tried to use on 11meters no doubt.I even sent him 100 dollars to ship the amp so it would not get damaged,what a joke.I t6old him I am sending the amp back but he's telling me a deals a deal.
    Well if he didn't misrepresent the amp whit Bullsxxx ther would not be a problem.
    Steamed in the city

5. W4EY

W4EY Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand. This JOAKER keeps stating that the Burned Band switch and fried meter board in the TL-922 is the result of the shipper dropping the amp. Don't know what electronic school he went too.

I am a COMBAT disabled veteran who has to watch the money.
    According to his eBay statement on thie AMP, it was full output with two new tubes.

I did notice that the 10 Meter option was enabled so he must have been using it on the CB band.

I hope that others read this and not trade with him. Ebay and/or PayPal will do nothing since he keeps stating that the damage (Burned components) is a result of the shipper dropping it.

This joaker had packed the amp in a small box with turns of bullbe wrap around it. Not only was it a "POOR" job of packing it, I contend that he intended for it to get dropped so he could blame the burned amp on this. He did not offer any insurance on it and shipped it immediately upon my sending the payment. I did not have a change to discuss the shipping or packing.

All togather, he is a Fraudulent Seller.

BEWARE..

6. Guest

Guest Guest

If it was damaged, and he payed the shipping courier, then he is soley responsible to contact the courier and get some resolution.

Obviously he's dropping the ball.

7. W4EY

W4EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Rob:

This Joaker will only respond to my emails with one statement.

"I am not responsible for it due to the shipper dropping it."

If I ask him to contact the shipper, he will respond with the same text message.

I have been thinking about stripping the amp and selling the parts. However, do not know what parts are any good. Also, I cannot handle the heavy items to take it apart. Guess I will have it taken to the DUMP.

Maybe I will meet the seller there looking for something else to sell. Possible he will take this piece of junk and sell it again on eBAY.

8. W4EY

W4EY Ham Member QRZ Page

SORRY...NEED TO CORRECT THE SELLERS EMAIL NAME...

IT IS: giddieup409

I HAD COPIED THE INCORRECT EMAIL INFORMATION ON A PREVIOUS EBAY NOTICE.

I THINK HIS EMAIL NAME FITS MORE TO HIS PERSONALITY.

"GIDDIEUP" IS USUALLY WHAT YOU SAY TO A "jack ass"

OR HORSE.

[​IMG]

9. W4EY

W4EY Ham Member QRZ Page

BEWARE...Always read the FEEDBACK... THIS IS THE LATEST FOR THIS FRAUDLENT SELLER.

Seller: giddieup409( 111)
    Member: since Jun-09-99 in United States

I think that eBay should take a serious look at their own FEEDBACK policy and keep these types of sellers off the auction.

Guess I am still angry. However, he has another amp for sell on eBay.

10. K0CRX

K0CRX Ham Member QRZ Page

At word to the wise - read the seller's feedback AND look to see what kind of stuff he/she usually sells. In this case, the jerk seller has a bunch of freeband crap for sale. Conclusion - Yes, the amp was destroyed by a freebanding idiot and, then, he duped an unsuspecting buyer into buying it. giddieup409 is a crook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.