Getting contacts to confirm QSO contacts???

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N0HWJ, Jan 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N0HWJ

N0HWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does a contact in my log need to be a member of QRZ for them to confirm a contact??????
    N0HWJ Don

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

To have a match, both stations must upload to QRZ, so...yes, an account is needed.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They only need to listed as a "Ham Member" they do not need to have a subscription to log calls. You can always check there logbook to se if they are logging on QRZ.

Make sure that you always "request confirmation" of all unconfirmed contacts.

QRZ_LB_confirming_contacts.jpg

N2SUB likes this.
  4. N2KOF

N2KOF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One can only request confirmation with stations that are member stations and appear in blue type in the log. If you try with stations in black you get a message that it failed because the call is not registered with QRZ

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

One needs only to be registered with QRZ to participate in the Logbook, a subscription is not required.

It is not possible for a party to manually confirm a QSO. The system will automatically indicate confirmation when each party to the QSO has entered a QSO record in its logbook that matches by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. Hence, both parties must be registered participants.

For those that participate in LoTW and have LoTW Access enabled, credit will be given for LoTW confirmed QSO's upon downloading from LoTW; this regardless of your worked party's registered status.

A subscription at the XML or higher level is required to activate special features such as direct upload to LoTW, exporting ADIF files, and providing logbook access to QSL managers.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    2I0BOW likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

This notice is posted on my QRZ page to help those who need a confirmation that I have not logged some use the process some not ....
    "If you require a confirmation from K3XR for a QSO please send an email to K3XR@xxxx.net with all the details of the contact in order that I may be able to complete the confirmation. " it's the same message sent when I reject a contact because information i lacking.

7. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Read the FAQ and searched the Logging topic area but didn't find an answer to my questions.

Q1. When reviewing unconfirmed QSOs you can check the box at the top of the list and select ALL QSO on the page. Problem I see is those that are already requested are also checked which if I were to then choose to request confirmation would dun those already pinged once for a confirmation with another request which will not be viewed affectionately I would suspect.

Why not have an option to select only those QSOs that have not been previously requested? And if this is the current behavior make it know somewhere so I don't have to scroll through the list and uncheck those already requested.

Q2. When requesting a confirmation from a station and they have a QSL manager designated, why does the request get rejected (not submitted) as opposed to being forwarded to the QSL manager? What good is designating a QSL manager if they don't receive your QSL requests? I'm not going to go work my way through a few hundred QSOs each month (lately for me over 400/month), and find those with QSL managers and then send a second request for a QSL. It's easier to delete that unconfirmed QSO and go work another station from that grid or country and get a QSL from them without all the hassle.

Computers are supposed to ease the workload on us, not make work for us.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I never do that. :rolleyes: If they are posting their log then it should confirm automatically with no human intervention...assuming the data matches.

K3XR likes this.
  9. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"If they are posting their log..."

Yes, but if they are NOT posting their log at all, forgot, or are slow in posting to their log your request might jog their memory and get some action.