ad: Schulman-1

Gerry K. Rieger, VK7GK, Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KI6SZ, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KI6SZ

KI6SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Our dear friend, Gerry K. Rieger of Hobart Tasmania passed away on Friday, August 30, 2019, at the Hobart Tasmania Hospital. Gerry was 78 years old had been bravely battling cancer for the past nine years.

He was born on 18 May, 1941 in Lorch, Germany (near Stuttgart). In 1959 he received his amateur license and was an active ham operator, callsign DJ5CZ. Then in 1960, Gerry moved to Tasmania, Australia and received the callsign, VK7GK.

Gerry will be remembered as a dear friend, an avid DXer, life-long long ham, and was active up until the very end. He will be missed by all.

Very affectionately, 73!
    Rest in Peace my friend,

DE, Hardy DL8NU
    Don KI6SZ

M0ANO likes this.
  2. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

So Sorry to hear....worked Gerry many many times, back in the day.
    RIP Sir, you were a gentleman.

3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear this. I worked Gerry many times, mostly on 40 meters in the wee hours of the morning my time. He was always a gentlemen and enjoyed the conversations. My he RIP.

4. G0MJS

G0MJS Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to here about Gerry good radio frind to me. Mike G0mjs

5. DJ4LK

DJ4LK Ham Member QRZ Page

6. M0ANO

M0ANO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7. M0ANO

M0ANO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked Gerry many times ,he was a lovely chap to talk to. He will be missed by many . Rip dear Friend De M0ANO.

8. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

VK7GK hi gerry respect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem

9. K6EE

K6EE Ham Member QRZ Page

Gerry was the lighthouse of Tasmania so to say. I talked to him so many times, first from Germany, then in the last 20 years from W6 - often the only other swabian soul I was able to reach. RIP, dear friend.. Fritz, K6EE

10. DL9DAC

DL9DAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked him a lot on 40m in SSB. It was no problem with 100 watts. He and his cubical quad did a very good job. R.I.P. Gerry