Germany hits back against French 144 MHz Aeronautical plans

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Aug 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. DJ7WL

DJ7WL Ham Member QRZ Page

Wir wollen, dass das 2 Meter Band nur für den Amateurfunk zur Verfügung steht. Gut gemacht DARC!!

KF7PCL and DL6BCX like this.
  2. F4IKA

F4IKA Ham Member QRZ Page

Happy to see German's reaction, here in France nothing ....:(

DL6BCX likes this.
  3. DL6BCX

DL6BCX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope that more amateur radio associations and state officials will fight with us to defend the 2m band.
    I heard a rumor (and can not confirm that !!) that the french delegation consisted of seven people and five of them belong to the big company THALES.

4. DL6BCX

DL6BCX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm, cannot understand that, because the plan is from France. I expected that this was in close contact with your french radio amateur association.

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Did the French actually have the "audacity?" OR...? Something else up their sleeve? :confused: (French Cuffs, you know.:()

WA9SVD's Third Law: "Stupidity known NO bounds." It may well apply here .:(:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. AC3DB

AC3DB Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried to understand the document but I don't know German :(

7. F4FPR

F4FPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Definitively not true , some of the french national associations (R-E-F / URC / Dr@F / Amsat F) wrote to the regulator to complain and fight against this situation : https://www.save2m.org/2019/08/french-organizations-issue-a-joint-letter/
    In my own opinion the French Regulator (ANFR) doesn't really care about the ham, they're more interest with commercial (like everywhere on earth).

This is only a personal opinion but I will not be surprised that there is some slippage under all this crap business with Thales (like a little € stamp under the table, no it would be really big and obvious isn't it) ?
    Now that the French associations are able to walk hand in hand, our regulator sticks us our wheels (we only have to watch the french position on the 6m band for the next WRC-19, this stupid idea for the 2m, or even the idea that the 23cm isn't managed in France).
    Happily some European regulators still have feet on the groud.
    Be certain that the position(s) of our regulator does not represent the mindset of French Ham Radio in that particular case.
    And as a personal matter this situation revolts me.
    But sometimes the wind will reverse itself and The truth will come out.

I almost forgot :

I Guess this only mean to the French's commercial positions AKA Thales' one for exemple.
    According to what we've seen recently , i really hope i'm wrong.

We will have to wait and see.

SP3UQX and KF7PCL like this.
  8. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

A wise and respected local politician once told me she thought that outside of totalitarian regimes successful governance only occurs when the will of a vast majority of those to be governed allows it.

If a deceptively quiet yet well endowed amateur band like 2m is designated as shared with autonomous roaming flying machines (which would probably use some form of ALE / cognitive radio to avoid QRM to each other) I can easily imagine a scenario similar to when the Russian Woodpecker of yore forcibly "shared" popular HF amateur bands.

A new VHF "bird" hunting sport would pop up amongst enterprising hams, making it their purpose in life to develop xmsn techniques to fake out the fluttering Napoleonic drones, causing them to QSY, shepherds herding the flock into submission.

Taïaut ! Yee-haw !! :p --> https://www.qsl.net/n1irz/woodpeck.html

N2AMM, WQ4G and KQ6XA like this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

ANFR needs to come to the DARC side. :)

KD4MOJ, N2AMM, F4FPR and 1 other person like this.
  10. F4FPR

F4FPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On that particular case I wanted to congrats the DARC & BNetzA for their most recent document , perfect work !