ad: TinyPaddle-1

George Rocap, N2BNP, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by NQ4T, Aug 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

I received word that George passed away Thrusday after a battle with cancer. He was my father's cousin and, to my knowledge, the only relative I had who was a ham. We never got to talk on air; as by the time I finally got back in touch with him his health had started declining. I don't know if he ever got back on the air. We never exchanged many messages online about it; the usual "congratulations" and "when I get to feeling better we'll sked".

He's probably indirectly the reason I even found out about ham radio as a kid; though it was through my father who got me some ham books when I was 9 after I showed an interest in radio. It took 23 years and some life changes but I did get there.

http://freitagfuneralhome.com/obit_search.asp?ID=3311

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

George P. Rocap, Jr, N2BNP SK

[​IMG]

George P. Rocap Jr., 68, of Hopewell Township passed away after courageous battle with cancer on Thursday evening August 18, 2016.

George is survived by his wife of 45 years, Jennifer Newkirk Rocap, two sons, John G. Rocap of Hopewell Twp. and Adam P. Rocap and his wife Leslie of Upper Deerfield Township, his beloved dachshund, Otto and his mother, Evelyn (nee Davis) Rocap Richman.

A service to celebrate the life of George P. Rocap Jr. will be held at the West Park United Methodist Church,
    625 Shiloh Pike in Hopewell Township on Tuesday afternoon August 23rd at 2 o'clock.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are requested to the West Park United Methodist Church Building Fund, 625 Shiloh Pike, Bridgeton, NJ 08302.

A more elaborate obituary may be viewed at freitagfuneralhome.com.

Published in The Daily Journal on Aug. 20, 2016 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...pid=181127788&fhid=18473#sthash.KlEJ2Hvn.dpuf

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

George P. Rocap Jr.

[​IMG]
    George P. Rocap Jr., 68, of Hopewell Township passed away after courageous battle with cancer on Thursday evening August 18, 2016.

George was born in Bridgeton and was the son of Evelyn (nee Davis) Rocap Richman and the late George P. Rocap Sr. He had a close relationship with his grandparents, Paul and Mina Rocap, who lived next door and also helped to raise him. He and his wife, Jennifer Newkirk Rocap, celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary this past July 3rd. A lifetime Bridgeton are area resident, he lived at his current address for 42 years.

Mr. Rocap worked for PSE&G as a Radiation Protection Technician at the Hope Creek Generating Station for 25 years before retiring. He also was previously employed for 15 years for the Cumberland County Welfare Board in Bridgeton.

He graduated from Bridgeton High School, Cumberland County College and received his bachelor’s degree from Glassboro State College (Rowan).

A member of Brearley Lodge #98 F&AM, he was a Master Mason In addition, he was a member of the National Rifle Association and an avid trap shooter. He enjoyed fresh water fishing as a hobby. In his spare time Mr. Rocap was an Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator.

Besides he wife and mother, he is survived by two sons, John G. Rocap of Hopewell Twp. and Adam P. Rocap and his wife Leslie of Upper Deerfield Township and his beloved dachshund, Otto.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend a service to celebrate the life of George P. Rocap Jr. at the West Park United Methodist Church, 625 Shiloh Pike in Hopewell Township on Tuesday afternoon August 23rd at 2 o’clock.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are requested to the West Park United Methodist Church Building Fund, 625 Shiloh Pike, Bridgeton, NJ 08302.

Funeral arrangements are under the direction of the Freitag Funeral Home in Bridgeton.

http://freitagfuneralhome.com/obit_search.asp?ID=3311