ad: k1jek

Geochron Digital 4k UHD review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

AB5CC1A1-2A1F-40CF-BADB-199C29C234DB.jpeg

2. KI7SJC

KI7SJC Ham Member QRZ Page

Would this SW drive the TV HDMI directly?

3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It comes with a small hardware computer that has an HDMI port to plug straight into your TV.

4. WT4VV

WT4VV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was going to buy one, but it only has a 90-day warranty. I contacted the company, and was told if more people inquire, then they'll change the warranty period to one year.

5. N6FLO

N6FLO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It will work on other too , anyway it is overprized, do not expect to see details on the map(like city name, etc.) even if you use a 4k TV. I am a little disappointed about mine. Maybe in the future they will improve it.

6. KD5RKO

KD5RKO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was hoping someone would post an open source alternative. Only had to wait for the second page of posts : )

7. WT4VV

WT4VV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you sign up for their newsletter, they will email you a coupon code for a 15% discount. That brings the cost down to around $339.

8. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Either these are getting more popular or it's a sign of the times, the discount is 10% currently (that's what they sent me in email).

9. GM0PHW

GM0PHW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be nice if it was a FULL world map, from what I can see, part of Greenland is missing, not sure of other parts of the world, that’s stopping me buying it.

10. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yea, but what you get on the REST of the map is pretty darn awesome!! Love mine!