FTDX-1200 TX red light flashing

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by YC1UTC, Apr 14, 2019 at 3:47 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG7FIU

KG7FIU Ham Member QRZ Page

[Don't know anything about the FTDX-1200 specifically, but make sure you are set to a freq within one of the legal ham bands. Perhaps the flashing indicates an out-of-band condition where transmitting is not permitted].

2. NU4Y

NU4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

You must be within a ham band.
    You must not be set to SPLIT, or TX - Offset out of the band.
    Make sure CAT is not connected. (computer could be asking for Xmit)

If non of that works.... Do a full reset.

GL

3. WS4JM

WS4JM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a part of my key that shorts the contacts, essentially holding the key closed. The radio will display an error, the flashing red light, if it is powered up with the PTT or key engaged.

4. YC1UTC

YC1UTC Ham Member QRZ Page

I did full reset. I detached all accessories from the radio except the power cable when trying all the possibility,
    Frequency set within 40M, NO SPLIT and NO TX OFFSET

5. YC1UTC

YC1UTC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update. My radio already free from any accessories.

6. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did not read every word of the back and forth so if this is already covered sorry. If the radio is in this condition and will not recover, is the following occurring on your radio? When the TX light is flashing the RX audio is muted? If the Moni switched is pressed is the receive audio and receive functionality restored? But still no transmit. If it does it is because the radio is in or thinks it is in a transmit condition. On the radios, I have fixed with this problem, either the PTT line or one of the dot/dash lines were in the TX state. I cant say this is true for every condition just the ones I have fixed.

7. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Since it rcvs OK, I don't think it is stuck in XMT. Try to turn the TUNE function on/off (short press TUNE button).
    I fixed a tuner issue by reseating the flat ribbon connector directly behind the TUNE button.
    Mike N3PM