FT8 on a ICOM 706MK11G

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD8LLS, Feb 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8LLS

KD8LLS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been trying to run FT8 on My ICOM706MK11G and it dosn't seem to have any RF going out to the antena I'm using the WSJT-X program with a signalink interface and a G5RV all band antenna

2. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Should work; I use a MkII all the time ...
    What kind of I/F do you use?
    Use a Signalink here.

3. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you are not getting any audio into the 706. You can use headphones to track down where those tones are getting derailed.

4. WB5WPA

Ah ... I see you are using a Signalink ... is the SL getting enough audio to trigger the SL's VOX xmit keying circuit?

From there, the proper programming 'jumper' inside the SL is required, as well as cable. I've noticed on my Mk2 that audio coming in the rear panel jack can also be heard on the speaker of the Mk2 ... can you hear audio coming out the radio spk if the SL is not keying the radio?

5. KD8LLS

The signalink and the radio both key up but the cross needles on the SWR/Watt meter (MFJ Deluxe versa tuner) are not moving also it will transmit sometimes when the power is all the way down thanks

6. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Try upping the power and mic gain settings on the 706 a click or two at a time to see if anything happens.
    On my MKII ..... the normal "turn it all down" mentality just simply won't work.

7. WB5WPA

The 706 Mk2G has a power out indicator too. It's under the "M" menu soft-key I think. What does it show?

Your I/F (interface) cable to the radio or jumper in the SL is wrong or bad, if the rig keys up it means AUDIO is getting to the SL from the PC/laptop via the USB serial bus b/c the SL uses an internal VOX (voice operated relay to key the radio) that is actuated when audio "pours out" of the PC via the USB serial bus to the SL.

You have adjusted the "TX" knob on the SL? That controls the audio level directly to the 706.

8. KD8LLS

thanks for the help

9. KD8LLS

thanks for the help