FT8 Key Combo Q

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K7GQ, Dec 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

What combination of keyboard characters permit you to answer a CQ without changing your transmit frequency? A guide for DX'ers states that alt-double-click answers the CQ without changing ones transmit frequency. However, in my case (Sierra 10.12.6 w/WSJT-X 1.8.0 R1893) my transmit frequency is always changed.

I have experimented with the use of the control, option (alt) and command keys without success so far.

Thanks

Harry

2. K3NAW

K3NAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I still have R8193 on my linux box and if I click the Hold Tx Freq box my tx will not move. Clock on Help on the main menu and select Online Users Guide for the latest info. Go to section 6.6 FT8 and there you will find a section with 5 bullet points. Read them for a complete explanation of the various key mouse combinations.

You may also want to update to the latest version.

k3naw

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your info. I will use the "Hold TX Freq" option, though I'm interest in knowing why the various key combinations aren't working for me though they are well-documented.

Looks like I fat-fingered the release version - R8193 is what I'm using.

4. K3NAW

K3NAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You may need a Mac user to chime in on that. The mouse and keyboard combo's work for me with linux. I know that does not help you but I don't have a a Mac to try with.