FT8 Added Pending the Release of ADIF Version 3.0.6

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by VA7STV, Jul 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Roger that - I think what I will do is any FT8 contact that I have uploaded as DATA, that has NOT been confirmed I will re-upload as FTP - realizing this creates duplicates in the LoTW system. Is mode considered when verifying a QSO? i.e. I upload DATA, other station uploads FT8 - all other items being identical will that be a QSL or not?

2. KD2NOM

Clarification request - are DATA and FT8 in the same Mode Group?

What constitutes a QSO "match?"

Two submitted descriptions of a QSO match if

• your QSO description specifies a callsign that matches the Callsign Certificate specified by the Station Location your QSO partner used to digitally sign the QSO
    • your QSO partner's QSO description specifies a callsign that matches the Callsign Certificate specified by the Station Location you used to digitally sign the QSO
    • both QSO descriptions specify start times within 30 minutes of each other
    • both QSO descriptions specify the same band
    • both QSO descriptions specify the same mode (an exact mode match), or must specify modes belonging to the same Mode Group
    • for satellite QSOs, both QSO descriptions must specify the same satellite, and a propagation mode of SAT

3. KD2NOM

Just answered my own question further down on this page https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/frequently-asked-questions/#datamatch

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I re-uploaded my FT8 log with the TQSL upgrade and it loaded them all as FT8 and DATA! FT8 is not an award category for DXCC, for example, but will count as data/digital in that tally.

5. KD2NOM

Hmmm - even more reason to upload them as Data still

6. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So all of your FT8 contacts were inserted a second time instead of updated? Uh-oh.

7. AD0WG

AD0WG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did not upload any FT8 QSOs from my Log4OM software to LoTW as 'Data', I waited until now to upload them just once, correctly and accurately, as 'FT8'. The mode now shows as: "Mode FT8 (DATA)" in the LoTW Confirmed QSO Detail view.

8. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I just re-uploaded all my FT8 contacts as FT8, even though I had previously uploaded as "data." I see some hits already show for FT8 but NOT Data, as the other person uploading had used only FT8. I actually like having BOTH instances, as I don't know what the other person will have uploaded as the mode, so I feel pretty safe at getting a "hit" since I have both modes. No big deal to me. I'm sure there is going to be some confusion until everyone changes to FT8, but I can deal with it.

9. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Support for the remaining modes that were added in 306 has been added to the QRZ logbook GUI.

10. HA0MDA

HA0MDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear OMs,
    it might be a little bit off-topic but I have a question. If I am working abroad - in this case in Italy - but my home QTH is Hungary, how should I log these contacts (FT8, JT9, JT65 and PSK) to the qrz logbook?
    Sending prefixes like "I/..." not advised in these modes. What is the best practice? Should I make secondary callsign like "I/my call sign" and log the QSOs there? The other fellow ham will not know because he will log with a single callsign not the one with an "I/"... :(
    Any advise welcome.
    Thank you and 73'