Ft1200 with SCU-17 interface info needed

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KC1KVU, Mar 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KC1KVU

KC1KVU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,
    I bought an FTDX1200 and the SCU-17 interface to do some digital modes. First let me say,I have searched youtube, this site and other for 2 days and tried every combination of setting I have found. No luck.
    Intalled drivers from Yaesu. Com 7 and 8. One enhanced for Cat control as directed in manual.
    Computer powers up SCU.
    WSJT and FLDIGI both give errors that time out looking for VFO. I dont see any data coming in.
    Set baud on trans, mode to usb data.
    I see it talks about CI-V mode on some sites, bit I see nothing like that on the FT1200.
    I bought the SCU as some say that was the way to go, not so sure after spending almost 200.00 on a box with little support.
    Any Ft1200 users out there that have solved this? Is there some secret setting i'm missing?
    The SCU is connected to the radio by 2 cables, one is a serial. The usb cable goes to the CPU. Is there a setting that turns on the port?

2. KC1KVU

Ok,
    So, I found a link to HRD and downloaded the free trial. The Ft1200 hooked up one shot and no issues. What a huge difference in software.
    Here is the next issue/dilemma the Psk reporter map shows 10m activity in the FT8 mode only. I'm a Tech so kinda stuck here for now. Anyone know if I can use HRD for rig control and another program for FT8? Hopefully one that gets along with what I have going currently...
    Thanks!
    Bud

3. KC1KVU

Ok,
    Not much in the way of help flowing around here. So, I will post what I found and maybe it will help others. Once the HRd is running rig control, you can start WSJT and enter ham Radio Delux as a radio in the drop down box. Its seems to think its a transceiver and runs pretty well. Not contacts on 10 yet, but I was pulling info and decodes on 80. I was able to back off the power to 35 watts or so, tune in the Rx using the SCU.

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. That's what I do, since I want to have WSJT-X long to Ham Radio Deluxe's log. IN WSJT-X's setup, select Ham Radio Deluxe as your "radio." HRD needs to be running first, but stars WSJT-X and you will connect through HRD. This is covered in the WSJT-X docs...

5. KC1KVU

Rx at Wed, 27 Mar 2019 22:00:59 GMT
    From ZP5DVD in Central, Paraguay
    Loc GG14fr by KC1KVU
    Distance: 4714 miles bearing 166°
    Frequency: 28.076.134 MHz (10m), FT8, -14dB
    Last LoTW upload: Sat, 16 Mar 2019
    eQSL Authenticity Guaranteed.

Above is my first contact in any mode on the radio. Lol, it’s 4 thousand miles away
    I guess I set it all right.
    Can’t wait to do it again.