FT-920 CAT problems

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KX4DV, Feb 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KX4DV

KX4DV Ham Member QRZ Page

Soooo, I tried FTBCAT for the heck of it. It can talk to the radio with the cable. (At least in windows) So it would appear there's some issue with HRD and WSJT-X talking to the radio?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have the HDR dependencies on your computer ? .net
  3. KX4DV

I'm unaware about that. But I know the Ubuntu device doesn't have .net.
  4. KA9JLM

You may find that you need the correct version of .NET to make HRD fly.

Have Fun.
  5. KX4DV

HRD works fine with the FT-450D. (well it works ok I should say, not rock solid like WSJT-X)
  6. K1JFJ

K1JFJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll take it off you!

Just picked up a 920 from Frostfest in Richmond, it's my go-to radio for voice, the audio in/out is very nice.

Try this, I ordered it a few days ago and it's working flawlessly:
  7. KX4DV

So I determined that the radio will receive commands, but will not communicate back. I thought perhaps it was the ADM232LJR interface chip reading some other people's issues they've had with the radio. I swapped the IC and the problem remains. I'm guessing there's something wrong on the main board at this point. I guess it will be relegated to only being used for voice or digi modes with PTT and no CAT integration.
  8. KA9JLM

Have you measured the voltage on the I/O pins ?

Is handshaking setup and working properly ?

Good Luck.
  9. KX4DV

Haven't checked the I/O pins inbound to the chip. I guess I could try that next when time allows.

Yes to settings 4800, 8, N, 2.
  10. KA9JLM

8, N, 1 is a more common setting. Have you tried that ?

It would be a good idea to check the pump charge caps for the 232 chip, Before replacing the whole board.

Good Luck.