ad: Schulman-1

FT-8 Digital Has Taken Over The HF Bands!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Oct 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8UV

K8UV Ham Member QRZ Page

QRL is non-existing in digital modes, if only there was a way.

2. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking to see FT8 activity pick up on WARC bands. 17 seems like the perfect place in the day, 30 at night. Need to find a new place off of 20!

3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

People really should use 17m more. I'm dxing into the USA, from Seoul on it a lot, lately.

I suppose whatever keeps people buying radios is a good thing. At least the bands are being used.

4. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been been having a lot of fun on 17-12m DX lately. I've been on 20 only when the others are dead.

5. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

While it's tempting to stay on 20, there is a lot of space out there we should play in. I think I'll re-tune my single attic dipole to 17 this weekend and see how the fishing is.

6. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

17 meters has been crazy these past few days for ft8. Little light today, but lots of DX and still seeing CQ zones and countries I have never been in contact with. Wish there was more rag chew there but have had some. Very hard for me to work anything under 1,000 miles.

7. IZ1FKS

IZ1FKS Ham Member QRZ Page

17 meters psk31 signals are disappearing with the frequency occupied by ft8. no good at all... 18100 is psk frequency ft8 must be relocated.
    pskreporter was very interesting expecially for ham with modest antenna to see what happen with propagation at the time, but now due to ft8 98% of station on pskreporter have switched to ft8, it's now unseful for psk.....

EI3FW likes this.