ft-2900 r programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KD0FVL, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD0FVL

KD0FVL Ham Member QRZ Page

From what I have read i need a ADMS-2900 programming kit for my ft-2900r. Are there any step by step guides for this. Where does the cable plug into the radio? Does it go into the mike plug? Thanks in advance. I am a total newbie. What will this allow me to do?

2. KE5YJR

KE5YJR Ham Member QRZ Page

fvl, I have the FT-2800 m and found it was just as practical to program it manually (also giving me the chance to get to know my radio and shortcuts). The programming cable does plug into the mic jack on the front of the radio. I have a friend who has the software (and rather enjoys using it) and as far as I know, when you buy the kit, it will come with all the instructions. I would recommend though that if this is your only FT-2900, and you don't have a need for frequent reprogramming, that you save your money and try programming it manually. It might seem a little overwhelming at first but after you program a few into memory, you will see that it is not that bad. The owners/user manual is your friend.

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought the programming kit a year ago when I bought mine and never figured it out. After some practice with the manual I got used to programming it. I still keep the manual handy for features I don't use often.

4. SCARPAD

SCARPAD QRZ Member

The Jack plugs into the data port on the back of the radio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.