FT-2000 all Receivers not working???

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by VE3JUE, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VE3JUE

VE3JUE Ham Member QRZ Page

My FT-2000 While listening a couple of weeks ago lost all RX. I still hear Air noise but i have Zero Receive. Even when i key up another radio beside the FT-2000 theirs nothing. I have replaced Mixers and transistors but still no luck. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

2. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Zero receive is generally a problem with the loss of an LO. Will the radio transmit?

3. VE3JUE

yes the radio transmits fine..

4. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It sounds like you have done major work already. Do you have access to a signal generator (borrow one)? That could tell us a lot. If you are trying to use over the air signals it is very difficult to trouble shoot this. I use a signal generator and increase the level, sometimes to very high level, until the signal can be heard. The difference between the normal signal level and the signal level required in the broken radio tells the likely type of failure. Diodes, mixers, amps, etc. Also if you can inject an FM signal that helps diagnose the IF section.

5. VE3JUE

Thanks for the info and i agree with you,I need a signal generator for this one. I will have to borrow one.