Freebanders in the TEN-TEN contest!!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4SL, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB1HJI

KB1HJI Ham Member QRZ Page

THEY deliver our stuff to stores nation-wide, I could manage very well without their deliveries

Oh no you couldn`t!

2. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

It isn't just enforcement. ANY radio that is cheap and available retail will overwhelm any enforcement efforts. Look at GMRS. Now that these "long range FRS" radios are cheap enough the licenses users of that band will be in a very small minority. I guess we can thank them for keeping the freebanders off the VHF ham bands.

3. K7PIG

K7PIG Ham Member QRZ Page

O, yes I can survive, done that several times in my life without trucker's and the scum is on VHF.

4. KG4RYT

KG4RYT Ham Member QRZ Page

WE COULDN'T HAVE RECEIVED OUR RADIOS IN THE FIRST PLACE IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR THOSE (TRUCK DRIVERS) AND YES MANY ARE FOUL MOUTH BUT MANY ARE PROBABLY GREAT GUYS JUST WORKING TO PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE . I HAVE FOUND ALOT OF FOUL MOUTHS ON THE HAM BANDS TO, I WISH SOME ONE WOULD LOG AND LISTEN AND REPORT THOSE VIOLATIONS AND BE WILLING TO TRAVEL ONE THOUSAND MILES TO DO IT! DO WE KNOW ANYONE WILLING TO DO THAT? [​IMG]

5. K7PIG

K7PIG Ham Member QRZ Page

You wish someone else to do your logging and recording on Hams? Why not yourself? Your aware of the problem, you do the work. You volunteered yourself didn't you?
    Working, driving a truck to put food on the table is a no excuse for violating Federal Law when it comes to Federally Licensed Frequencies, Mr.
    I guess truck's are the sole means of transporting radio's and stuff? Thanks for the chuckle.
    I thought you were on the TRASH link unit33.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Touchy lot...ain't ya? [​IMG]

--... ...-- -.. . -.- -.-. ----- --. --- .- [​IMG]

7. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lets try to get this back on the original topic!

Glen, K9STH

8. K8EEI

K8EEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Which was [​IMG]?[​IMG]?[​IMG]?

73 de Tony K8EEI [​IMG]

9. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Its been so long that I don't remember!

Glen, K9STH

10. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] This makes me laugh. Because "they" might deliver our goods, its OK or not "so illegal" to use the frequencies without proper licensing? Why have a license at all?

[​IMG] BTW: You're right, it isn't just enforcement. The bubble-pack GMRS radios are type accepted so the FCC knows very well what they are capable of![​IMG]

I even got a couple FRS here myself & use one radio to simplex repeat lets just say "other audio sources" rather than attract the "retentive ones" by doing it on ham freqs. All I need is to cover my 40 acres which on UHF, I can do on leaky RG-58A/U coax & a dummy load! FRS ( & b-pack GMRS) radios have their great advantages! Low power, very versatile, no license, no hassles, hand them to your wife or anyone else without having to worry about what is said & license constrictions...[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.